PXH-1K “4x4” (4MPL, 4ERSL, XL300/LFE295)

Thread in 'PXH-1K' started by ShiverMeRivets, Sep 22, 2018.

1. ShiverMeRivets

ShiverMeRivets Well-Known Member

The -1K is one of the few IS mechs that can boat 8 lasers. However, the ghost heat limit for medium lasers is 6. Therefore, we mix MPLs with ERSL that have almost the same range (20m difference) and almost the same cycle time (cooldown+duration difference of 0.1 sec), and avoid the ghost heat. The short beam durations give awesome pinpoint damage - be sure to aim for specific open components.

PHXs are huge sized for their 45 tons and must rely on being fast. The -1K is the only PXH without JJs, ECM, or MASC to boost its survivability. So don’t wander off on your own, stay with the big guys and support them. You are especially valuable for fending off light mechs from your assults - good alpha with short beam duration and fast cycle destroy 20 tonners legs very fast.

Adjust front/back armor to your liking:

2. ShiverMeRivets

This is the Light fusion engine variant. To get a 295 rated engine we had to lose some DHSs and shave a bit of armor. It is difficult to add more DHSs because of crit slot limitation, and if we drop the ferro-fiber then we are short on tonnage. It is possible to derate the engine all the way to LFE280, change to light-ferro and add 1DHS (and a few points of armor). I have not tried this, so not sure if this is worth the loss of speed. I would not recommend to run a PXH with engine lower than 280 rating.

Only try this after taking all of the cooling/heat management skills. It is much hotter than the XL version above that has little heat issues even on hot maps.

3. ShiverMeRivets

The original after skills had spare cooling, therefore I changed to 5MPLs and 3ERSLs. Engine downgraded to XL295 which makes very little difference.

Just shy of 40 pts alpha of short duration, fast cycling lasers. Very nice.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast