1. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

Poll: Mechspecs Weekly Group Drops (day and time)

Discussion in 'MechWarrior Online - General Discussion' started by Falconium, Feb 8, 2018.

What day/time of the week would you consider ideal for regularly-scheduled (weekly) group drops?

1. Saturday

60.0%
  2. Sunday

60.0%
  3. A weekday

30.0%
  4. UTC (GMT): 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm (10:00 - 2:00 pm CST)

50.0%
  5. UTC (GMT): 8:00 pm - 0:00 am (2:00 - 6:00 pm CST)

80.0%
  6. UTC (GMT): 0:00 am - 4:00 am (6:00 - 10:00 pm CST)

20.0%
  7. UTC (GMT): 4:00 am - 8:00 am (10:00 - 2:00 am CST)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

It's been brought to my attention by @Excalibaard that there has been renewed interest in a 'Mechspecs group-drop event. We used to have these in the past, usually on either a Saturday or Sunday, and typically in the American afternoon (European evening), to accommodate the various time-zones of our members as best we could (sorry Australian friends :cry:). I think I speak for everyone when I say we all had a blast and enjoyed each others' company. Of course, if anyone disagrees with this assessment, you can call me out on it, and my Griffin-2N will be ready to meet you, SRMs in hand! :D

In any case, I would certainly love to get this event going again, even if we only get together for a couple hours a week, to run some Quick Play matches -- though personally I think we could keep it running considerably longer. ;) And if anyone was interested in trying to arrange some coordinated Faction Play matches, I think that option could be on the table as well. :thumbsup:

So what do y'all think? This initial poll is mostly just to decide which day and general time-slot will work best for most people. As such, I've allowed everyone to vote multiple times. Please:
    • vote for the day(s) that you can participate; and
    • vote for the time-slot(s) that will fit your schedule for that day (or days)
    This way, we should be able to get a sense of the day and time that will accommodate the most people. I included Weekdays as a general category, mostly because I don't imagine many of us will prefer any particular weekday over any other, if it came to it. But if a weekend doesn't work for certain members, we can definitely look at options during the week, if there is enough interest for it.
    Also, the time-slots I selected as voting options are merely meant to represent morning, afternoon, and evening in North America. The actual time of the event, as far as starting point, will be decided later.

Of course, if nothing I've included is quite what you had in mind, feel free to comment and say so (or message me directly, either way works), and I can add more voting options. I'm certain we can come up with something that works for the majority of us. :cool:

Cheers, y'all.

krevLL and Excalibaard like this.
  2. Falconium

PS: I'm travelling every single weekend for the next 3 weeks, starting already tomorrow, so my own availability for gaming will be relatively limited for a while. I'll be around here on the forums though (and in Discord) keepin' in touch as best I can, and I fully intend to be back in the action in 3 weeks, ready to go!

3. The Verge

The Verge Administrator Staff Member

I'm building a forge, designing a car lift and shelf and runner bars and art. I have been watching more games on twitch than actually playing because of my work load. Sadly, you will have to count me out of the community drops.

4. Dagonus

Dagonus Benefactor

So I'd join in from time to time. My usual games night are GMT-5 Tuesday and Thursday. I've got something big planned at least one day of every weekend for the next 5 weeks as it stands (Though on some of those days there's wiggle room in around those things except for one weekend where I'm out of town completely) If things went down on a weeknight, I work from home though so I could just get off work and roll in towards the end of things when i get off work since my commute from work desk to gaming desk is a matter of closing some windows and opening the game.

5. Shock

Shock Benefactor

I couldn't promise any set time but at night on weekends is when I'm most likely to be available.

6. Zennon

Zennon New Member

UTC 4 am to 8 am is me, ( PST 8pm to midnight). Most every night.

7. Excalibaard

Excalibaard ComStar - First Circuit Staff Member

With the upcoming Valentine's Event, I'll be streaming and hosting group drops on Tuesday 13th - Friday 17th starting from 9 PM CET (3PM CST). Friday times will be slightly earlier (likely from 3PM CET (9AM CST)). Make sure to join our Discord if you want in on the delicious c-bills! :)

Falconium likes this.
  8. Falconium

Added option for 4:00 - 8:00 am UTC.

9. Falconium

I'll leave this poll open until the weekend. If anyone still wants to give their vote, please do.

This weekend, we can look at organizing specific times for drops.