Pirate's Bane "The True Scout" (2xML, 2xSL, 2xMG, ECM, XL190)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Pirates' Bane' started by Gamer Celestia, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Gamer Celestia

Gamer Celestia New Member

169 KPH ECM Light with modest but not ignorable firepower.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  2. SgtEva01

SgtEva01 New Member

Aww man you beat me to it! i was going to call it the "Back Pirate" you have to be a little conservative on mg ammo but all and all its a solid build for poking at people. i do how ever find the 10 armor in the head a little scary but then again you are a walking time bomb so why not!

3. SirBurntChicken

SirBurntChicken Well-Known Member

Never been head shot in any Locust in 500+ games, so 10 armor shouldn't be a problem. I'm not going to rate any PB(R);) Locusts though since I've never bought one and probably never will.

That being said you might run into problems with the different weapon ranges and cooldowns. You'll spread damage around a lot rather than hitting one area with a good alpha.

4. enileph

enileph Star Lord

5. P3tzy

P3tzy New Member

6. P3tzy

P3tzy New Member

5/5,
    over 500 DMG in my first run

7. Gamer Celestia

Gamer Celestia New Member

It's not really a problem. You primarily poke with the ML. Your engine size/mech weight ratio prevents you from really firing more than that consistently on any mech below 30 tons. The smalls are for higher dps when you are behind an assault, and needless to say the machine guns are both for critting things out, and for psychological warfare. If you are crit and you hear machine guns, your first instinct is to run. Or at least turn fresh armor to them xD

8. CaveHermit

CaveHermit New Member

I'd drop engine to XL-180 (loss of 9kph w/ST), One of the SL and make it a TAG. - That would enhance the scouting role. Modules.. Seismic and Sensor range. While slightly lower speed, the TAG will allow for more LRM goodness.

9. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

5/5,
    Excellent build. I tried to make the stock loadout work for me at first, but this thing fulfills every need for a fast recon mech. Good job!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast