Free-Play Phoenix Hawk 1k - Betty bouncer

Thread in 'Phoenix Hawk' started by Marxak, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Marxak

Marxak Junior Member

So, i am only doing this so there is a loadout for this.. Actually pretty amazing sniper build.
    my pilot have nearly maxed out his tactic skill and gunner skills so he can snipe pretty much anything in this one, and its mobile as hell.. The tactic is pretty decent, make use of those vector thrusts and jump, then call a shot on the head, and its gone.

[​IMG]
    Quick note: It runs hot!. So it is pretty useless on arid and savanna bioms without a decent amount of heat management as it can never use all of it guns and jump in the same turn, making it rather... crappy, however, you can make it into a decent killing sniper by putting a pilot with "Breaching shot" in it and swap out all of the ML with a single Gauss cannon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

If you turned those Heat sinks into Doubles it would probably be OKish on heat. However, you can't put a Gauss on it because there are no Ballistic hardpoints.

Marxak likes this.
  3. Marxak

Marxak Junior Member

No, you are correct, i did not see that missing ballistic hardpoint. And yes, maybe put a few double heatstacks on it, but it would properly still run too hot for most pilots. i´ve already ditched it again because it was simply too hot, and too fragile for my taste.