Oxide "Oxi Bomber" (4x LRM5, BAP, XL235)

Thread in 'Oxide' started by Aylek, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This is meant as a mixture of LRM suppression, fire support and a continuous stress factor for enemy mechs. Especially the latest duty can be fullfilled best when firing the LRM5s in chain. Ammo is plenty, 5 tons mean 45 shots / launcher.

I am sure the XL235 looks odd at first, but it grants enough speed for quick repositionings as well as capping points far off before joining the main force again. It's the maximum engine a Blackjack can carry, so it shouldn't be that uncommon.

An XL255 will work as well, but costs the 5th ton of ammo:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  2. LT Satisfactory

LT Satisfactory Benefactor

I'm wondering how important bap is to this build that could be put into the engine instead...

You're going to have to stay away from lights/streakhawks/streaktaros since you have zero protection if you're off by yourself and hopefully someone else in the group has ecm if you're staying running around your teammates.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. Aylek

Exactly my thinking about BAP. Here's my conclusion: Neither 137.5 kp/h nor 129.8 kp/h will get you out of the range of opposing lights coming for you. Your chances are better when mounting the bigger engine for sure, but if more than one light is coming for you it's probably game over anyway. The BAP's main purpose in my build therefore isn't countering opposing ECM nearby, but rather extending the sensor range.

4. SAI Peregrinus

SAI Peregrinus Advanced Member

BAP doesn't even work to counter ECM for LRMs, since it only works within 150m.

See http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/118563-patch-notes-12223-21-may-2013/

5. Aylek

Yes, I know. But when countering a single ECM nearby you are still able to target and lock onto enemies beyond the 180m minimum range of your LRMS.

6. BlowHard

BlowHard New Member

I forego BAP and do XL260. Still feels a bit slow, but have trimmed armor to get extra ammo. IMO BAP is not that useful with this build. Fun to flank and annoy from the back of enemy.

7. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I ran this build when I first got this Jenner. It's fun to harass mechs from the beginning of the game, but it can't finish mechs off, even if they have open armor. 4-5 stars.

8. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I think XL 255 is the best engine for this. BAP and ammo.

try to fire from 200-300 meter and always make them count.

XL 235 would be even better(more ammo are needed, always running out of them in wins, but I doubt someone would buy it.

9. at0m

at0m New Member

If you apply the armor stripping from The Freak to this build, you get something like this:

Could run a 255 if you're not cheap and just working with what's already in your inventory, though, since there's no tonnage difference.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast