ON1-V "Second Line" (1x AC20, 1x SRM6, 2x SRM4, 2x MLas, STD300)

Thread in 'ON1-V' started by Serious Table, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Serious Table

Serious Table Well-Known Member

How I've been playing my Orion recently. Runs nice and cool, deals a great deal of damage, and can soak up quite a bit. Standard engine means you're not dead if you lose a side torso, which adds to its survivability.

Stay glued to an Assault, or just make sure you're not the center of attention, and lay down some AC/20 justice.

Alt. Config A-

For if you want to be closer and give Lights a heart attack.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Verbosity

Verbosity Dispossessed

3 stars

Currently it's pretty unlikely that you'll lose a side-torso, it's happened to me twice, and both times I was trying to 'twist away from damage and had already lost my arms, by which point you've lost most of your armament anyway. Thats why most of the ON1 builds are running XL engines. This may of course change.

Not enough srm ammo in the prime config, needs another ton.

Srm ammo ( by mistake I assume) instead of ssrm ammo in alt a. variant.
    Streaks with no bap?

That being said, overall they aren't that bad........

3. Serious Table

Sorry about the SRM there; had a bit of a moment with Smurfy where when I grabbed SSRM, it'd grab an SRM stack instead. Confusing...

4. Kyasanur

Kyasanur New Member

You can't run a XL and an A/C20. Did you really knock off stars for that? Kinda ridiculous, don't you think?

5. Verbosity

Verbosity Dispossessed

Not really, just countering the comment that it adds to your survivability.

I essence i gave this build 3 stars not because its not a good build on paper, but the way this mechs ct is right now you dont have the survivability to run in the range you need to be at. Assuming that the hitboxes get changed then ill be happy to add another star.

6. Kyasanur

Kyasanur New Member

So, in your opinion an AC20 is a terrible idea? It's not about survivability. It's about mounting a big gun. By that logic dual UACs are terrible. I am just failing to see your logic, not trying to be difficult.

Edit: Maybe OP should have said the STD has the added benefit of surviving that 1 in 20 torso death?

7. Verbosity

Verbosity Dispossessed

I love the AC20 it's a great gun, my problem with it, and the other weapons in your loadout is the range

AC20's long range is 270m
    srm's long range is 270m
    medium lasers long range is 270m

ok you can deal damage up to 800m but do you really wast to waste those rounds? my 3-star rating is based on this, I don't want a mech that basically has 70 odd points of armour for a torso in that range.

It's a good loadout, and it works well on mechs that happen to have side-torsos.....

8. Serious Table

You mention "your loadout", so I just wanted to clarify that it wasn't me who was arguing the three start rating (I'm the OP). I can see your concerns, as I've heard a lot about the Center Torso to the Orion. I guess I personally have just not experienced the issue yet. I'm finding a lot of side torso damage when you've got a beefy gun like the AC/20, and just how prominently the cannon itself sticks out from the torso. I'm willing to concede the point, don't get me wrong, it's just not been MY personal experience, hence the loadout.

Granted, the main reason I haven't experienced that is for the reason described in the original post; I'm always hugging either an Assault, or a really big group, so that I can stay some distance from the target and lay down hurt without risking those 70~ points of armor that you mentioned.

9. Kyasanur

Kyasanur New Member

I have used similar AC20 builds in some of the other Orion chassis and had great success. Just had trouble finding the reason for such a low rating. 4/5 from me. It is a lot of fun. The only drawback being, as Verb mentioned is the limited effective range. Not an issue with a pocket Atlas. Then again, not much is an issue with a pocket Atlas.

10. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

I saw this loadout in a match and I've reverse engineered it. I believe that he ran a smaller engine, carried MPLases, and traded a ton of AC/20 ammo for SRM ammo.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  11. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

Cool build for brawl :

12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast