NGNG and PGI

Thread in 'Betty's Playground' started by Solahma, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Edited the post

2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

are you surprised? it's not the worst thing that could happen to this game. plenty of other people run a reality check for this game, they need people to showcase the best this game has. I do think they should get paid by them, just so we know they are employees of PGI. Just so we know their opinions are colored in favor of MWO.

3. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Oh no, I don't think it's a bad thing. Didn't mean for it to come off that way. I just remembered this thread (and the OP) discussing what NGNG's affiliation with PGI/IGP was. Now it's all out in the open is all.

It'll happen regardless of how other people feel about it. I personally think that the more the NGNG guys are involved with the game the better. More interaction with the community is always a good thing.

4. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

This is where you lose sight of the bouncing ball.

NGNG isn't part of the "community" any more. They are now paid business units for the company and their opinions are colored to that effect.

I am not saying it is right or saying it is wrong, I am just stating the cold hard truth.

5. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

I was going to say something similar in the last post. I guess what I meant is that we will hear more about discussion points and things that are important to PGI. The communication is really only one way: NGNG speculate about what could/should be in the game (with bias) and talk about what PGI is actually working on. So "interaction" is probably not the best word for it.

6. enileph

enileph Star Lord

I don't like the NGNG guys all that much, but that having said, the NGNG guys are probably doing better PR than the PGI team themselves.

Granted, they should be more open about their relationship with PGI. Instead of pretending to be neutral fan group they should be labeled as "community officially sponsored by PGI"

7. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

Not really a new take on this, I know, but this is Bitching Betty's Playground.
    So, for all that care to read.

My take on NGNG, for what it's worth, paid playtesters....
    They are playing the game, or at least going out of their way to make it look like thay are. The problem is no critical thinking... at least on the surface, which is what PGI is buying with the paycheck.

The sad thing is, you can't play this game on a regular basis and not see the flaws, much less the big gaping holes in the design of it, compared to what was imagined... proposed... whatever, which really just makes NGNG a bunch of paid yes men, contracted to spread the goodnes of PGI to the troubled masses. Meanwhile PGI is standing on a balcony spouting "Let Them Eat Cake!" to all the real players huddled in the streets hungry for some meat.... I suppose that's fine if you like cake... or you are one of those veggie types.
    Personally I think it sucks ass.

Just my take on a subject that has been beat to deth.

8. Magnificent Bastard

Magnificent Bastard Dispossessed

So did NGNG actually replace Garth? I was looking through old posts to check for replies and I got a laugh out of this:

(Put this in this section because it clearly has no positive discussion value and only bitching can ensue.)

9. The Verge

why don't you just ask him? he has a youtube account, i'm sure you could ask him there.

10. Magnificent Bastard

I youtubed once. But now I just total biscuit. There are other youtubes still?

11. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

UberHaxorNova is de best.

But so are many others and I am just picking out one of the most popular channels besides Swedish pie (PewDiePie).

12. Michael

This is a cross over post although I think I can split the NGNG related stuff off that thread and merge it here.

13. Soy

Soy Min-Max Maniac

No Tools No Marketing

14. Magnificent Bastard

Confused the fuck out of me until I saw your post.

15. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Grimm you are always so politically correct, always playing neutral ground with these guys? Why? We all already know that NGNG is essentially Russ and Bryan talking through their mouths. Dude, you need to wake up and put down the koolaid.

16. Michael

*sighs* Jacob, what am I going to do with you?!

Why do I toe the line on the NGNG subject? Because I know some of these guys and at one point was really good friends / clan mates with a couple of them. I even respect a couple of 'em and would even share drinks with one or two . The fact that they now work for PGI doesn't phase me one little bit.

Do I believe they are an "unbiased community source" any more? No. They work for the company and they would be silly to be unbiased.

Do I believe they are, essentially, good guys trying to make their way in the universe? Absolutely. Money makes the mech go around and they are making it however they can. Can't fault someone for taking care of business in real life.

You define your job, not the other way around.

17. TheDevilsIncarnate

TheDevilsIncarnate Advanced Member

Jacob, why do you even hang around anymore, or bother posting? We get it, they lied to you and shitted on the IP you know and loved, that we all know and loved, and now you hate them for it. But why stay around? I mean, Soy feels the same way, but you don't see him constantly shoving his opinion on other people, and in fact keeps many of his posts very critical, whether it's in a positive or negative manner. He acknowledges the many bads, and the few goods, and is critically constructive of PGI. He even still helps out around here, whether he is just dicking around in the off topic section, or posting builds he thinks the rest of us might like.

I hate the fact that your posts lack any kind of constructive criticism. All your posts are a flurry of rage and hatred that is flung in PGI's general direction, sometimes just for the sake of shitting on them. Sure, when they fuck up, I let them know. When ANYONE fucks up, I let them know, and I watch for it to happen again. But I also give them a pat on the back when they do something right, and then I can see they are learning and trying. Now, I'm not saying that PGI isn't incompetent sometimes, which they very much are, but it is painfully evident that they are learning, and that they are trying. Sometimes you just have to let the past go. It really is sad to see you so hung up on shitting on a company who burned you, so hung up on it, in fact, that you are willing to prowl some forums that isn't even directly owned or related other than the fact that we use it for the same game and IP, and just constantly shit on them.

My apologies to anyone who reads this. If you find my opinion to be wrong, then please, let me know. I'll be happy to discuss it if it so pleases you.

And Mason, I also apologize to you if I violated any of the ToS, I just have been silent long enough, and needed to put this out there. Edit this post as you please, but please let me know what I did wrong so that I can learn for future posts.

18. The Verge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eVi-3bwG0I

[size=24pt]OHHHH!

19. Jacob Ling

Jacob Ling Benefactor

Why do I post here? Because I feel like it. Frankly, there isn't fuck all you can do about it either. As long as I express my feelings in a way that doesn't breach this sites rules then I am fine. This area is for things just such as this. I understand you may dislike what I write and if that is the case you are free to rise on up and walk right out that door. The holier-than-thou attitude doesn't become you.

This is about NGNG not PGI. We all know PGI shit the bed a long time ago and now they are back peddling, trying to bring their grand vision to life. That is a given. What this was focused on was the whole NGNG "We are a community resource" attitude that they like to portray; that is simply a lie. People are starting to see that now and comment upon it, as I have.

Barking up the wrong tree there, sparky.

20. Michael

Vergere, WTF?!?!?!

LOL Technically Jacob is correct. Believe me, I have read many of his posts and then checked the Code of Conduct to see how close he comes to the line. There was only one time where I had to give him and another user a temporary vacation because they were slinging poo at each other. This area is for expressing your thoughts and opinions in a frank manner. If people can't handle that they are invited not to access this area.

At the end of the day it is a video game and in the grand scheme of things that amounts to less than two squirts in my daily life.