New: Build Descriptors!

Thread in 'MechSpecs News and Info' started by Excalibaard, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hi everyone,

While it's not yet possible to automatically title your builds, or use 'reaction ratings', I've added 5 prefixes to use in the build section that can help you to describe your build. It should also be possible to filter just by the type of build you want to find, making it easier to browse.

- Casual: This descriptor is probably going to be most common. Workable builds which are not necessarily top-tier for the chassis, but not a mess either. Examples of these builds are ATM Stormcrows, Medium Pulse Laser Hunchback 4Ps, et cetera.

- Budget: A descriptor for builds that are not expensive to build for a new player. Use this for builds which use the stock engine and don't get many upgrades for example. I expect this to be used relatively niche, but it could be good to have more of this type of builds on MechSpecs.

- Funny: The 'funny' descriptor is for all zany, wonky, mad scientist builds. Examples of these are: 6HPPC banshee, 6AC2 King Crab, or basically anything TheB33f thinks of.

The other two prefixes can have overlap with the previous ones, but are still useful to have seperately:

- Scouting: Specifically for builds to be used most effectively in the Faction Play scouting mode. These builds usually run less ammo and are not built for sustained fights due to less targets, and put the freed tonnage into the engine or weapon loadout.

- Invasion: Specifically for builds that are used most effectively in Faction Play invasion mode. These builds are usually meant for more sustained fights, using more ammo to last approximately 2 waves due to the increased amount of mechs to kill.

I hope you can use these to make your builds more accessible for people browsing the site.

I thought of adding a 'Competitive' descriptor as well, but the meta shifts constantly and this would mean a lot of retro-active work to keep it up to date.

Cheers,
    Excalibaard

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
    Michael and The Verge like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast