1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

New Battletech game

Thread in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Shock, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog

2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Moderator Staff Member

3. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog

They have a good track record with Shadowrun Returns so that's promising.

4. Karl TenBrew

Karl TenBrew Star Lord

I believe the appropriate phrase for this situation is BOO-TO-THE-OOHYAH!

Or something like that. Holding out for awesome!

5. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I was nervous at first because they were blatantly using the MWO mech art and models, but Russ has since said that it was something they had given permission for...which will be awesome, since we'll have standard models across both games :D I'll be on their kickstarter for sure, once it starts.

HadleyHope likes this.
  6. Nakhar

Nakhar Active Member

So many games :D, so little time :cry:,

But i love that they are going to use MWO models, they are really looking great, hell look at all the 3D prints people are doing, i always hated how ugly are the battletech figures for the tabletop.

7. Blagg Zear

[​IMG]

BATTLETECH KICKSTARTER

by Matt Newman in [ Announcements ] on, Sep 25, 2015 11:43 PM UTC
    [​IMG]

Our friends over at Harebrained Schemes are preparing to launch a Kickstarter campaign for the first turn-based, tactical combat BattleTech PC game in over two decades!
    Given their outstanding success at introducing a new era of gamers to the amazing world of Shadowrun, we are extremely excited to see what Jordan Weisman and the Harebrained team will be able to accomplish for the BattleTech Universe with the backing and support of BattleTech fans across the globe.
    To help foster a strong visual continuity across the modern BattleTech Universe, we are proud to be sharing the BattleMech designs and 3D models of MechWarrior Online with Harebrained Schemes.

What if every BattleTech fan in the world backed this Kickstarter on Day One, Hour One? If you want to contribute to this milestone return of turn-based, tactical BattleTech combat, help us perform a Day One Alpha Strike on the BattleTech Kickstarter campaign. Send a message to the world that BattleTech is back.

http://battletechgame.com/

#BATTLETECH #AlphaStrike

enileph likes this.
  8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

I actually announced this on my YouTube channel two weeks or so ago. You should sub to CanuckGamer on YouTube for more info. ;)

enileph likes this.
  9. Blagg Zear

I really liked Shadowrun Returns, it's almost as good as X-COM and reminds a lot of Jagged Alliance.. So i'm very curious how Weisman & Co will translate this Gameplay to the Battletech Universe. I hope it has much more Immersion to the Background Stories of Battletech than any other game before. :)

If you don't know what kind of game Shadowrun Returns was:

enileph likes this.
  10. Azakael

Azakael Advanced Member

Question for anyone that *backed* Shadowrun Returns on the Kickstarter. How much game play was shown in the Kickstarter before the campaign ended, and how close was that to the game play that actually was released?

11. Nakhar

Nakhar Active Member

They did 3 Shadowrun games up to date and each one was an upgrade of the previous one, all of them have great narrative story line, maybe a bit linear but at least the story is great.

When it comes to HBS, i will give them my money blind and be sure that they will deliver what they have promised, as they have done it 3 times in a row already.

12. Michael

I've spoken to Jordan about some things recently and now that I know PGI isnt involved other than art work I'm more than willing to support the project. I'll be looking at this when I get home today.

13. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

4/5 funded as of right now :D

14. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Took 54 minutes to reach the 250k goal. Impressive.

Michael likes this.
  15. Thibideau Osis

Thibideau Osis Star Lord

Hail,

I am in.....

Send me my jacket !!

Seyla,

16. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

Sjjjjt I was able to refrain myself from spending too much. Don't entice me! :p

17. Blagg Zear

it would be awesome, if the mechs in this upcoming title are also customizable just like in MWO... if yes,... hehe, we could use MechSpecs as engineering site for both games! Awesome!!! :D

18. Michael

HBS had expressed interest in buying the site however they opted out due to the timeframe between now and launch. They want to focus on game development and not content creation to keep you all engaged.

We will see what the future brings. We may switch to a hybrid. Who knows.

Solahma, PyckenZot and Aylek like this.
  19. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

I jumped in for 50$, the banner art for 125$ is nice but nah. :)

20. Blagg Zear

ow look, seems to be a simplified customization concept:

[​IMG]