[MXPX] MechSpecs eXclusive Pug eXperience

Thread in 'Unit / Organization Recruitment' started by Excalibaard, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Hi reader!

[MXPX] is the official 'clan' for supporters for this site. It was set up by @Blagg Zear as his personal way to promote MechSpecs in-game and over time has evolved to be a welcoming clan for regular visitors of MechSpecs! Even if we're mainly a collection of creative mech-gineers and min/max-maniacs, we still play the same game together!

Profile:
    We welcome anyone who is in need of a clan for faction play, would like to (learn to) play in a group, wants to engage with MechSpeccers on a more personal level, or simply wishes to positively spread word of MechSpecs in the community.
    We are not bound to any schedule of playing together; just ask players in the discord as you normally would. The MXPX tag is rather a way of uniting devoted tinkerers and tinker-admirers under one banner and will often play alongside members of other clans. Occasionally we organize dates and times for sync-drops or group drops, mostly to complete MWO events.

We are not competitive and prefer a casual-professional atmosphere. This means that we expect that people know when to focus on the game rather than the banter, but realize that banter is an integral part of playing together for fun and to make people feel at home. Making sure that we provide both a learning/teaching environment and a There are plenty of roads to walk in-between casual and competitive play and we try to find one that suits anyone playing with us.

Requirements for invitation:
    First off, you are not required to uphold any particular level of skill or time spent (regularly) playing.
    When leaving the game for a while (something many people do for many reasons), it is appreciated to send a notice how long you assume to be gone and whether you want to stay in the clan or not, in order to make it less expensive for other players to join.

We do require the following:

- Be a registered member on MechSpecs
    - Be an active member on the Discord* or a Benefactor

Fulfilling these requirements shows a minimal required involvement in the community.​
    - Having a sense of maturity
    We approach this with a (flexible) limit of 18+ years of age. We wouldn't appreciate members of MXPX to go around showing poor behavior, or being easily offended/offensive towards other members in the community.
    If you wish to join, let me (@Excalibaard) know on the Discord!

Cheers,
    Excalibaard

*You can find a link to the Discord on the home page. Regularly active members on the Discord receive a 'Regular' role, granted by Benefactors, Space Pimps, and staff over the course of several days/weeks. When your name is regularly recognized in conversation, the role is granted. This is a fairly arbitrary assignment, so feel free to ask for it if you're interested in joining early.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. Thank you for not opting for [MEPE].

3. Excalibaard

If you pronounce MXPX you get "MeksPecs" so MEPE --> "Meepee" or "Meep" would have been silly.

4. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog

#3 might be a bit of a stretch for me :D

Excalibaard likes this.
  5. MayTag

MayTag Junior Member

Hello, I'm new here but I've been playing on and off since mid 2013. I would like to know if you are still active as a group and if so are there any late nighters active? I work graveyard and play from midnight-ish until 8ish in the morning wed-thursday night. I am occasionally active at other times but usually not for more than an hour or so.

6. Excalibaard

Hey MayTag!

To be frank, most of MechSpecs users are in other clans.
    This clan is made available for players who wish to participate in some group and faction play events. We are not an 'active clan' in that sense, more a clan tag which enables you to take part in these events, while representing that you use the site and allowing you to play alongside other players that may be in the same or in a different clan. I'm not sure if this fits what you are looking for in a clan, as we're mostly individuals that rep the same banner. If you're still interested, let me know though.

Here's some advice if you want to look further:
    Assuming late-night American timezones, an Aussie clan may fit you best!
    There are a lot more clans advertised on official forums or the OutreachHPG Reddit if you want to look a bit further. Our discord server is also affiliated with the Outreach Alliance discord which is a hub for players that look for clans and training.

Feel free to come hang out in our discord and engage with the other members, they may also be of great help with finding a group that fits you perfectly!

Dagonus likes this.
  7. MayTag

MayTag Junior Member

Hey there, thanks for the reply. I'm just looking for a group of people to play some group Q with that are active at my time that aren't total potatoes. I'll check out your discord for sure. I'm assuming the details are on here somewhere. One question tho, how would one go about finding aussie clans lol?

8. Excalibaard

MayTag likes this.