MAL-1R "BRAULER" (2xLBX10, 4xSRM6, 2xFLAMER, 2xMG, STD300)

Thread in 'MAL-1R' started by 197mmCannon, Oct 26, 2016.

1. 197mmCannon

197mmCannon New Member

The ultimate get in their face and don't stop until they are dead 'mech.

I run with these weapon groups:

1: 2x LB10
    2: 4x SRM6
    3: 2x MG
    4: 2x Flamer

I have the machine guns set to toggle with fire control so I can just hit one button and they keep firing. I keep the flamer heat on for a few seconds and then back off so I don't start overheating myself.

*edit* I apologize about the extra 2 tons. I threw this post together quickly while alt-tabbing between the mechlab and smurfy's. As others have correctly assumed the extra 2 tons are supposed to be heat sinks in the engine.

*updated 2 Nov 2016* adjusted armor and heatsinks

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Riscy likes this.
  2. Riscy

Riscy Benefactor

LBX and SRMs are a great combination. I like SRM4s more because they have a faster cycle and you don't need artemis to manage the spread.

3. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Interesting, what are your thoughts on combining flamers and mg in one group? They seem to both be a hold-down weapon with increased crit chance. Maybe with an extra ½t of MG ammo... your original build has 2t left though I suppose those are 2 DHS in the engine.

I'd move some more armor onto the arms for shielding and not wasting the flamers

Or just remove it altogether and go faster :D

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    enileph likes this.
  4. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Personally I think MGs and Flamers on the same button is a bad idea. MGs are heat neutral and flamers are... not. You don't want to have to stop the MGs in a brawl because the flamers would overheat you.

197mmCannon and Excalibaard like this.
  5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

You have 2 tons left unused, and space for DHS in engine, I think you should put those DHS in, or buff the arm armor. No point leaving unused tonnage really.

I auggest armor, since 6 armor is too weak and it get disabled relatively easily when it omes to the flamers. Or you can drop 1 flamer and buff up armor on the other arm.

Shock likes this.
  6. 197mmCannon

197mmCannon New Member

I have played around with srm4's mostly because I could hold more ammo. Sometimes I swap back and forth between them. Both are viable.

7. 197mmCannon

197mmCannon New Member

The build was supposed to be 2 DHS in the engine, I just forgot to add them when building the smurfy loadout. I had never considered sacrificing the DHS for armor. As long as the heat is manageable then more arm armor would be preferable. I'll play around with that tonight.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast