MAD-IIC "Bandit" (1xcLPL, 4xcMPL, 4xcHML, TC1, cXL400)

Thread in 'MAD-IIC' started by Twitch, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Twitch

Twitch New Member

I'm a little proud of this one, to be honest, as this build is actually most efficient with this engine. I had to find some way to make this cXL400 engine work which I had left over from my Kodiak, as I'd rather buy a new mech than a new engine. Typically with other builds you're better off dropping down to a lower engine for more heat syncs or whatever else, which isn't the case for this build as it is essentially min-maxed in crit slots and weight. Oh, and it's symmetrical (for the most part).

Anyways, it has 80 alpha strike damage and gives you something to do at a distance. Of course, you don't want to actually alpha with the ghost heat. You'll want to shoot all of your pulse lasers together for 40 damage, then your heavy medium lasers for another 40 damage. Ouch. You'll also want to use your large pulse laser on its own when at a distance, peeking slopes, or while cooling down, to harrass your enemies, keep the pressure on them, and keep the pressure off of yourself. This is incredibly important (and possibly overlooked) as it can really save you from taking a lot of damage. Stick to your pulse lasers in a brawl and only use your heavy lasers when you really need that extra damage to kill, strip a component, or of course you have plenty of heat to spare. It can run hot, but it is incredibly manageable with the skill tree.

I currently have my weapon groups as follows:

1 - cLPL
    2 - 4xcMPL
    3 - 4xcHML

I recommend at least 4 Cool Run nodes and all Heat Gen nodes. Also grabbing all the nodes in Survival minus the two AMS nodes and a crit node. What you do from there is preference, but these are essential in my opinion. I recommend going for the Cool Run nodes first. I find Hill Climb more useful than Improved Gyros for this particular mech/build so I went down the left side. Then Survival, then Heat Gen.

Enjoy.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    Nekromanteia likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast