Casual MAD-IIC "1-Percenter" (2xcHLL, 6xcERML, cXL300, SHS) +Alt (XL375 DHS)

Thread in 'MAD-IIC' started by krevLL, Feb 21, 2018.

1. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

Who can argue with that much heat efficiency when you're running this level of laservomit?

Go for full laser duration and cooldown, followed by heatgen and standard operation skills.

@Excalibaard asshole tax evading 1 percenters!

Excalibaard and Falconium like this.
  2. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

You can actually get the exact same level of heat efficiency with DHS on this 'Mech. But with an extra 15 kph. ;)

I thought I'd posted the build on 'Mechspecs a while back, but apparently I'm a forgetful jerk. :(

Anyway, I personally love that you tried to make SHS work on this 'Mech! It's actually something I looked at a while back, with what I called "The Experiment". As demonstrated then, (and in fact with your build if you reduce the engine/armor and fill those last 4 slots with SHS) it is quite possible to use SHS to get an advantage over DHS in Clan 'Mechs; it's just extremely inefficient with the loss in speed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  3. Falconium

Basic alpha build. Gets more DHS than a HBR, but has generally lower mounts. Still, this thing can alpha twice easily, and runs pleasantly cool on most maps.

krevLL likes this.
  4. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

I'll have to try the XL DHS version, MADs are generally better with the speed to back them up, I did however run a STD280 setup for a whole before they linked Gauss and ERPPC ghost heat, so I've done it before.

@Falconium
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but while total heat capacity suffers somewhat with SHS, isn't the dissapation better when you have the 40+ SHS?

5. Falconium

@krevLL I believe it's actually the reverse. At least, Smurfy demonstrates so. If you bring up both builds in separate tabs, and bring up the "Weaponlab" page for both:

• SHS build = 87.2 heat capacity, 4.92 heat/second dissipation
    • DHS build = 80.0 heat capacity, 5.0 heat/second dissipation
    As a result, your SHS build actually has an extra second before it overheats (in Smurfy, 14 instead of 13 seconds to overheat). The DHS build, on the other hand, has slightly higher dissipation, so over time it will dissipate more heat as a whole, meaning you can potentially get more shots off in a match due to the increased heat dissipated.

Of course, those numbers are all pre-skills, and what skills you prioritize in the skill tree can affect them. Below I did the math for capacity and dissipation with all of the Operations skill-tree utilized.

• SHS build = 100.28 capacity, 5.412 dissipation
    • DHS build = 92.0 capacity, 5.5 dissipation
    In the end, the comparison is very similar; it simply stretches the differences between the two. And of course, if you get Weapons skills to reduce heat produced, this will make the higher capacity of your SHS build even more worthwhile.

In my opinion, your SHS build is better where pure-alpha power is concerned. If you want to be able to put out as many alphas as possible in a short period of time, then your build is better (speed aside). But if overall DPS for a ~5 minute match is your concern, then I believe the DHS build still has the advantage (in addition to higher mobility).

ShooterMcGavin80 and Dagonus like this.
  6. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

@Falconium I very much appreciate the time you took to prove out some quick math, as well as taking the time to explain it all. I think I'll test both the original and the alt back to back, do some rough tests to see if there's enough of a playable difference to justify the smaller engine required to boat the SHS!

Falconium likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast