MAD-5M "Resilient" (1x UAC20, 4x MPL, LE 320)

Thread in 'MAD-5M' started by Barnacle Ed, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Barnacle Ed

Barnacle Ed New Member

Hey folks, I've returned after over a year hiatus. A lot's happened in my absence, but I was really excited for the new tech. I modified an old build I used to use from these forums (I think):

This gives you the equivalent of 35 AC20 shells, which is just right for this. I used to use a Standard engine, but with the LE, I was able to slot in one more ton of ammo and another heat sink (used 4 tons of ammo before, but it felt too light and I was holding back my shots just because I wasn't sure if I could land the 3 hits successfully)

For the skill tree, I went with 42 Firepower, 29 Survival, 16 Operations, 3 Sensors And 1 for Auxiliary. I think the only necessary nodes for this build would be the Survival tree, really, which should be this:

[​IMG]

Everything else can be switched around to your liking. Personally I went with +10% velocity in Firepower for the UAC20, but that is a personal preference. Survival tree really gives this mech staying power. Enough that, when twisting, can give your UAC20 the time it needs to burst whomever you're aiming at.

An important note is to protect your right Torso well, as that is your bread and butter. Even if you gotta lose the left arm, it's better than losing the UAC.

I usually do 200-300+ dmg per game in this baby (I am extremely rusty), and have broken 900 dmg and 4 kills in one game. Sry for the no screenshot though, I didn't think to press f12 when I won, force of habit. =/

But I did hold River City Theta against 3 semi damaged mechs alone, and I was damaged somewhat when they engaged as well (helped that it was a staggered engagement and the UAC20 mowed one down as the others arrived).

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast