Casual MAD-4HP "Facemelter" (6xSRM-6+A, 4x EML, LE350)

Thread in 'MAD-4HP' started by Dekontoroga, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Dekontoroga

Dekontoroga Junior Member

Instead of filling everything to the brinks with LRM i decided to mount a fair Amount of SRM-6 with some Backup Weapons. The final Result is this, the Release of the Marauder II will decide if this Setup will be good or trash. In Theory it should be fast enough (for a 100 Tonner at least) to catch up to the Front, bring down the Payload and retreat to cool of.

Weapon Group 1: Left Torso SRM´s
    Weapon Group 2: Right Torso SRM´s
    Weapon Group 3: Medium Lasers

DrunkenSailor likes this.
  2. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

Why use erml when you can use reg ml?

3. Dekontoroga

Personal Preference because i always try to fire them at Targets outside of my usual SRM Range to poke them so they would come to me around Corners where i could use my overall Firepower. Yeah they tend to be a little bit hot but i dont alpha them with the rest of my weapons but between the cooldown of the other weapons.

4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

IMHO there is too much ammo.
    With full ammo skills 1 ton of SRM ammo is worth 20 shots for a single SRM launcher (120 SRM / 6 tubes), so my sweet-spot is a ton of ammo per SRM6 launcher. You can definitely add more cooling, fit an AMS or even fit a JJ for fast-turning or slightly improved mobility over steep terrain.

With that in mind, you could also swap to a 8xSRM4+A launchers build (slightly better DPS, but slightly lower alpha and lower dmg/heat efficiency) but fit +2 DHS.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Dagonus likes this.
  5. Dekontoroga

Hmm yeah that could also work, i have the strange goal to get too much ammo then i actually needed in the End haha. But yeah the Alternatives are looking great so far. Just trying to theorize how it will work out in the End!

6. Slightly different take on this build. Big alpha and then quick follow up with the SRM2s (89 then 17.2). No staggered shooting. So you save that half second. If you are behind someone this is usually enough to finish them unless they are twisting quickly.

The SRM2s are then ready again within a fraction of a second as the cool down with the SRM6s.

7. Definitely can do some work up close. But really hard to contribute with a mech this slow that only has short range options.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast