MAD-3R 'Unfall' (1xUAC20, 2xHMG, 1xHPPC, 1xLPPC)

Thread in 'MAD-3R' started by jbvonmain, Aug 23, 2018.

1. jbvonmain

jbvonmain New Member

2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Welcome to mechspecs!

If you don't provide a gameplay or something else, don't forget to write a small description about your own build.
    Also, keep an eye on available slots and ammo types: ammo types are wrong (AC20 instead of UAC20, MG ammo instead of HMG) and one straight upgrade would be to fit light ferro-fibrous, strip a little armor and add 1 DHS... Or, even better, fit 2xPPC instead of HPPC + LPPC so you will not be limited by the longer cooldown of the HPPC (despite being slightly less sustainable)

My main concern about the whole build is weapons synergy.
    First of all, dual HMG: with only 60 km/h maximum and a mere 100 meters range they are not worth it... If you REALLY want to use MGs, I would go for LMGs due to better range and lower weight, but to be fair I wouldn't use them at all because if you have to use MGs or any weapon with a long face time, you can't torsto twist and this mech is excellent to learn proper shielding and twisting.

Due to PPCs minimum range of 90 meters (this applies also to HPPC and LPPC), LMGs feels better because you will be able to fire everything at optimal range from 90 to 270 meters. It won't be as good as it looks due to 3 different projectile speeds, but it's still better than nothing or not firing at all some weapons due to the fact you are out of optimal range. Abouth the UAC20, despite the chance to double tap, IMHO is not worth it due to the fact it weights +1 ton, generates more heat per burst/shot and tend to spread damage due to the fact it fires 3 projectiles per burst. IMHO IS AC20 is better.

IMHO I would either go full brawl with the "classic" dual SNPPC + AC20 on the same side, so you alpha strike and immediately protect that side by torso twisting and exposing only the left torso, but despite being fun is not noob-frienly (kinda hot) and is not optimal...

Or to keep the build "balanced" for both med / short range I would fit some like the following, but even this build is not really optimal or feels appropriate for this chassis, but at least whatever side torso you will lose, you won't be completely crippled by the engine DHS loss

jbvonmain likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast