MAD-3R "Thunder & Lightning" (2xUAC5, 2xPPC, LE300)

Thread in 'MAD-3R' started by Br3vi, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Br3vi

Br3vi New Member

Hai!

This is a civil war tech upgraded PPFLD Marauder that is based on an older build from the MetaMech site.

The new build (revised):

Original MetaMech created build:
    http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=345&l=07e8960ad54e05004c16d9c6180e7c0162273b8e

Changes:
    STD275 engine replaced with a LE300, thus saving weight, increasing speed and creating an additional Heat Sink slot in the engine.
    An additional Dual Heat Sink added to the engine, making it 12 in total.
    Armor type changed to Light Ferro.
    Slightly different armor allocation.
    Same weaponry, same ammunition.

Overall:
    You have a faster BattleMech due to the larger engine, which also runs a little bit cooler due to the extra Dual Heat Sink which goes into a nicely protected slot in the engine. The rest of the build is largely unchanged.

Gameplay Tips:
    - Shield with your left side. Everything important is located on your right side, so protect it at all costs!
    - Try to use the pinpoint accuracy of the weapons to your advantage. Go for the weak spots, critical components, damaged components or even the cockpit if you can!

Cheers!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Purity The Kitty

Purity The Kitty Active Member

I used to do very well with this mech before various nerfs and power creep put it into the lower tiers. I always thought an LFE refit would be huge, but expensive, to get this mech back into service. Good build. I can vouch for the pinpoint damage you get out of it, and it really helps offset the heat problem.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast