Loup De Guerre "Not 2D2" (4x SRM6, 2x MLas, 1x JJ, XL280)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Loup De Guerre' started by enileph, May 21, 2014.

1. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Let's put it this way, unless maybe you want a LRM build, most builds on LG can be done better on a 2D2.
    THIS, however, is different.
    This is a specialized SRM24 bomber build. I have included more than enough ammo, but I am sure you can tune it to your liking, probably adding a few JJ or changing the energy weapon around a bit.

This is the one I am using with XL300. The extra speed is good. The ammo is ok for the most part, since the consumption is slower when you lose your arms, which is going to happen late round.
    Feel free to take out armor for DHS if you need it. I am fine with this, just don't spam your MLas as much.

Need For Speed Edition. Probably only good after speed tweak. Getting there. No JJ though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

This is truly impressive firepower (once they fix SRMs AGAIN!) ;)

You're right. I was considering the LDG a non-starter because I can do the same on a 2D2, however, you're completely correct, this CAN do something no Shadowhawk can. Moreover, you can easily throw Artemis in there, tighten up the weapon groupings, have great armor and be running over 90kph. Not a bad little Skirmisher if you ask me. 48 points of tightly clustered buckshot and two MLas to pinpoint the weak spots? I like.

The only other mechs that can run 4x SRM6+A are Griffins (only if running a STD engine, no backup weapons and low armor) Catapults (with ears being torn off in seconds) JM6-A (with Side Torsos easily killed) or an ON1-VA. The Orion is the only one that truly can do it well.

So, yes, the ability to load up 4x SRM6+A racks might just get me on board for this mech... we'll see. ;)

I would run an XL255 and Artemis, but, that's all up to personal preference.

Chatt.

3. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

If you can get past the lack of jump jets, the KTO-18 can carry a very heavy SRM+A payload for Cbills.

4. Cpt Chattahah

The KTO-18 was my SRM test build with my Panzerfaust build a couple weeks ago when they implemented some improvements. Moreover, I had some great results. I do love the mech, however, with it's lack of jumpjets and MASSIVE size, I would actually love to see the TBT-LG in action. It's smaller stature and improved maneuverability make it an idea striker/skirmisher.

Any results, Enileph?

5. enileph

enileph Star Lord

NOPE! Since the patch all SRM and SSRM are skrewed up. Basically it takes a few tons of ammo to damage even a light now unless you are at max range, you can try it on the computer dummies.

So basically all streak and srm build have to wait until the fix.

6. Cpt Chattahah

I thought they fixed them last night... I hopped into the Training Grounds today at work and they seem to be working again. /crosses fingers

7. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Yeah it is fixed.
    Back after some testing, with bother the streaker version and this. Really impressive against bigger targets, can take down heavy with ease and get past 500 damage. And obviously Assaults can't do shit aboout you hopping around. Has to keep on moving alot since you don't have shield arms, though dropping an arm would result in droping of 1/4 the missile potential, it is still deadly. Not good against lights, you can hit them with you spread, but seem to waste too many missiles to be worth it, and 2x MLas is good for the added damage, but not enough to take down lights with ease. Little to no problem with other non jumpy mediums. Just be careful of the really fast and jumpy ones.

As for going against 2D2/KTO. KTO I have yet to face a powerful one, but this IS faster than the KTO I face. the 2D2 seem to still be much deadlier (he took me down), but the one I face is going streaks and 2x LLas.

Seem to have great heat management, rather easy to control between chaining and all srm spam.

If you are looking at a more sneaky version then this is great, as people tend to focus on you much less, compare to shadowhawk or a KTO which are more obvious targets. Treat it as a faster KTO-19

Tested a XL300 version and it is rather good, will test on the new posted XL325 version. Speed is a good ally with this build.

This is the KTO-18 version. It is bigger, slower, hotter, and cannot jump, but the damage is MASSIVE.
    Different build alltogether I would say. Then again KTO is the master of SRM/SSRM medium.

As for the other choices. Griffin is definitely a good choice, if you go for non+A you can go all torso, with shield arms and a single ERLLas. But then you lose the ability to go around corners, and you are bigger with less ability to deal with smaller target. I love it though. I tried building the griffin with +A but it is too slow. Here:

Running this on a Jager is ok, but Jager are better running SRM4 with ballistics.

SRM cats are a totally different story. splatterpults are no joke(6x SRM6). Yes the ears are weak, but if they hit you once, you can die, if they hit you twice, you are dead. Just, dead. Obviously they are fragile and a while lot heavier. They are one of the reasons for ghostheat.

Orion VA I like, but yes you have to be careful with arms falling off.

Awesomes can do it too, right? Along with 4x LLas.

8. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

i will try this version, keeping the default engine and running 2 smaller srm and having an ams to close in
    you still have 20 alphas with that amount of ammo, which seems reasonable
    2 jj's seems valuable too since jj (falldmg)nerf

for more ammo or cooling just remove the ams

edit: removed drunkard errors :p

9. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

This can again be done better on the SHD-2D2, as the OP suggested :)

^Not min/maxed, but close enough.

10. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Except for 2 SRM tubes, it can be done in the -2D2 and with a STD engine, 1 extra JJ, more Armour points and AMS

Using the XL300

Also dont forget that the Tubes in the -2D2 are clustered around ur head, even the CT one, meaning that the salvoes are normally quite focused around a center, slightly displaced to ur right. The LdG have them spreaded in line, meaning that the salvoes will be more like a line, less focused to a place, and hard to aim in knife-range (Hugs). I only give it the fact that u can aim better with the arms, but in SRM range is not that much important normally.

11. NancyBoy

NancyBoy New Member

I did pick this mech on this weekends sale and been using this build (xl300)
    and loving it, even with just a few basics done im getting about 450-700dmg and a few kills a round

12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Grapped LdG during the most recent sale and went for my idea of an optimized stock loadout until I unlocked speed tweak.

As soon as I got speed tweak, I changed my build to this one, and man, this build wrecks havoc. I love it. TBTs seem to be very underestimated, and simply going straight in there, grap a kill and leaving is pretty easy on occasions. Only change made was adding a second JJ in favor of half a ton of ammo, improving the mech's mobility quite a bit.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  13. Peregrine Plover

Peregrine Plover Benefactor

4/5,
    Fun build! Maximizes unique characteristics and quirks of the LdG.

14. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

New Tech version with Light Engine for improved survivability

New tech version with LE & Artemis.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast