LCT-3M "The Medium X-Pulse Ankle Biter" (4x MPLas, XL170)

Thread in 'LCT-3M' started by The Shazbot, Feb 13, 2017.

1. The Shazbot

The Shazbot Active Member

This little bugger can send out a constant MPLas stream until you overheat. Features the same alpha (24) as a 6x SPLas LCT-1E, at almost twice the range. Is it hot? Yes. Is it slower than your average Locust? Yes. Will you die in it? Probably. But that constant MPLas stream usually makes your enemy torso twist pretty damn fast or take a lot of damage, and as long as they are focusing something else than you, they will feel the burn. The added range also lets you poke at a decent range with a short burn, minimizing exposure time.

* Requires MPLas cooldown module for constant fire. Range module also recommended.

** Please note that Smurphy doesn't include the armor bonus for this variant for some reason. I tried to get everything as close as possible. The only exception is that in-game I am running 20 armor on each leg.

***Also note that this build can arguably be done better on the Pirate's Bane by stripping all the arm armor and a couple off each leg to trade off for an XL180. E.g. "ECM is dumb on this mech" build. Only benefit with this variant is increased vertical range of arm mounted lasers and the price of FREE vs REAL $$$.

Fire Group 1: Left Arm
    Fire Group 2: Right Arm
    Fire Group 3: All 4, Chain Fired (X-Pulse Button)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  2. The Shazbot

The Shazbot Active Member

After playing this build for a while, as well as buying the Pirate's Bane, I do have to say that the PB does it slightly better with the faster speed and less laser duration, all while maintaining the ability of constant MPLas fire. The 3M version is a very close 2nd place and I still manage to do fairly well in it with 400-600 damage and a couple kills, along with a bunch of very annoyed enemies in an average game.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast