LCT-1V Speedy Gonzalas (1x MPLas, 4x MG, XL190)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'LCT-1V' started by rjbass3, Oct 16, 2013.

1. rjbass3

rjbass3 Well-Known Member

Got this mech yesterday to try it out. After adding the the XL190 I am loving it. I first tried it with 3 x MG, BAP and 1 MG Ammo but ran out of ammo to fast. So I traded in the BAP for the extra MG and more ammo. With it's speed getting up to 154.9kph, this thing makes it very easy to get around the big guys and slowly take them out from the rear. But you have to keep moving and moving fast otherwise it only takes a couple hits and your out, or possibly just one hit from a AC/20 in the right place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2018
  2. Mordynak

Mordynak New Member

Hey there!

Was lookin for a decent build to try out on this thing and yours looked the best to start with. But I honestly can't see why you would run this without Ferro Fibrous armour.

This is what I've come up with. Practically the same thing just with max armour.

EDIT: You could also probably save some money and space by not using double heatsinks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  3. Midnite7175

Midnite7175 Advanced Member

Yepp... w/o DHS u can save a lot of money and still run with 77% cooling effinciency.
    Quite frankly... I don't like the LCT-1V at all. I tried a lot of different laserloadouts.. with results beyond my usual rankings.... the build below still ranked among the best I could do with it.
    Since every team seems to have a lot of missilers nowadays, I built the "Midget" with AMS. Not for my own, but for team protection.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  4. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

Too low in MG ammo. 500 for each MG and nothing is the same. For that amount the weapon barely worth the slot it fills and the weight it takes.

5. Midnite7175

Midnite7175 Advanced Member

I know... weight to combat efficiency rate is not the best. Till now I still had some ammo left (could be because I died too fast ;) ) even if I survived. I don't fire MG's as long as the oppnent is not cracked yet. The Midget is more a crithunter than a real fighter for me....

6. Auriga

Auriga MechSpecs Addict

U are missing 3.2 DPS, free of any heat, from not firing the MGs. Maybe not a lot, but as i said, free of heat. The MPLas is only dealing 1.6-1.7 DPS. Easy maths lead to the fact that u died so often cause u werent using 2/3 of ur possible DPS, specially the one that generates nothing but benefit. I think that ppl, including myself, tends to forget that MGs not only deal criticals, but also dmg ;)

7. Matheos

Matheos Active Member

It's possible to run the AMS with enough MG ammo to go around if you drop half a ton of armor and lower the engine to an XL180 (10 kph lost). I ran the build below a couple times.

Even though the quirks for the 1V are focused on the ERLL the cooldown buff still helps the MPL a whole lot. The ERLL + 2 MG setup on the 1V is far outclassed by the ERLL + 4 MG setup on the Spider 5K anyways (fully movable arms, 50% more armor, jump jets, etc).

8. Matheos

Matheos Active Member

4/5,
    Star Review: Probably the second best possible build on this mech. Although... there's not too much to play around with!

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast