LBK-B "Tight Splat" (2xSRM6A, 2xSRM4A, 2xSRM2A)

Thread in 'Linebacker Omni Builds' started by ShooterMcGavin80, Mar 5, 2020.

1. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

I tried the more typical LBK splat build where you just load it up with non-Artemis SRM6's. But man, it is too hot and your damage just spreads everywhere, it is terrible. This Artemis build, IMHO, is muchos superior. It is little weird, but I've been having a lot of good success with it skilling it up. You have to play it like a cunning skirmisher.

I arranged fire groups as left side, right side, and arms. For the most part though you will be alpha striking, then waiting for cooldown to recover, then alpha striking again. You have the option of stagger firing when you have unopposed face time, but in nearly all cases you want to be waiting for your cooldown to sync, then alpha'ing.

When loading the SRM's into your arms, make sure the SRM4A is in the HIGHER arm hardpoint for maximum optimization!

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...f62101cf37f0000580e01000000808f0701#s=Weapons

1 artillery, 1 airstrike, 2 UAV's.

2. Would you be better served with a MPL?

Makes me miss my Old Adder.

3. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

nah, I wouldn't recommend adding a single MPL. The burn time doesn't sync very well with the instant fire-and-twist SRM's. The extra face time to land a .9 second long burn for only 6.5 points of damage is going to let the baddies have longer amounts of time to put damage on you. The SRM4A's and SRM2A's actually have better spread than the SRM6A, so having the weird mix of 6's, 4's, and 2's gives you actually a relatively tight spread SRM blast that can hit components pretty decently even at the edge of SRM range.

If you're worried about having an energy weapon backup when you run out of ammo - don't worry about it. With ammo nodes, you have enough.

I'm also a fan of the 4xSRM6A Adder :D I run that without the MPL backup too :D

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast