Casual La Malinche "Bread and Butter" (3xLPL, 1xAC10, TC1, LFE345)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'La Malinche' started by renzor51, May 3, 2019.

1. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

I'd never normally buy this mech because it's a little obsolete, I think. Very low hard points. However, because PGI is giving away this hero during the current Cinco de Mayo event, I thought I'd make a build after seeing its amazing freaking quirks! Man--this mech really likes Large Pulse Lasers and AC10's specifically. This is a basic build that I'll use when I earn mine. It kind of feels like a mix between an Atlas and a Shadowhawk. Runs pretty cool, considering that it's firing 3LPL.

2. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

I’m just saying not to copy, if a build exists with the same loadout, but different engine, it’s still the same build

Dagonus likes this.
  3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Dagonus likes this.
  4. CarloArmato

After a bit of work, I've managed to slightly improve it.

The most noticeable changes are:
    • LE350 instead of LE345: slightly faster and moved one DHS from left side to engine
    • Moved most of DHS from right to left side: left side is hotter and should keep most of the DHS. In case you will lose right side, you will lose 4+1 DHS instead of 4+3
    • 2 tons of ammo instead of 3: with maximum ammo skills and cooldown, they are worth 54 * 1.7s = 91s worth of uninterrupted dakka, enough for those matches where nobody decides to shoot back at you
    • 16 armor on head: your guard against dual gauss headshots

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    renzor51 likes this.
  5. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Now, the question is: Winning a free one of these, is it worth playing with those low hardpoints? Or better to sell it to buy more half-off engines? ;)

6. CarloArmato

I'm pretty sure you can't sell hero mechs, so you have to stuck with it.
    So far it felt underwhelming, but I still have very few skill nodes: once fully skilled I'll judge how much is actually worth it.

7. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

While the engine and TC1 do not make for a different build, the lack of the ML makes this a different build.

8. Spoonyman

Spoonyman New Member

I use this without the TC, drop a touch of armor on the legs, and grab a AMS with 1T of ammo.

9. BRUTAL FURY

BRUTAL FURY Active Member

5/5,
    QUIRKED...

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast