KTO-18 "Catapult" (5x LRM5, 2x MLas, XL325)

Thread in 'KTO-18' started by IqfishLP, Sep 1, 2013.

1. IqfishLP

IqfishLP New Member

This one replaces many Catapults out there, while having much more speed and agility:

Alt. A:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I like your build very much. Plenty of Ammo and high Speed. Besides it has BAP. Personally i would mod it this way:

or:

or:

3. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Maybe you don't need THAT many ammo. You can take out the ammo from your arm, put 1 ton of ammo in the CT (you get hit you die anyways) and maybe use the extra ton for something else like AMS (you can easily shave 0,5 tons of armor from your head and the beam arm for that)

4. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

This is my version. 900 rounds gives you 36 volleys, more than enough to do major damage. A bit of crit padding from the DHS, and 2 tons of AMS to ensure you don't take much damage from counter LRM boats.
    excessive, yes, but my experience with the mech shows it to be needed.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

@Vergere: with 105.3 kph you ought to be able to outrun/dodge LRMs or take cover behind something like an ally.

Similar to second build in OP but less ammo, a bit less armor, more DHS for padding and firing the endless stream of LRMs.
    I'd still prefer equipping a few larger launchers for more damage, as I've done with my Iron Man build.

6. johnluke

johnluke New Member

Jesus it's painful to look at these builds. 1000 lrms isn't nearly enough for an lrm mech. You should aim for 2000 missiles. I regularly shoot though 10 tons in a match. Loading up on guns doesn't mean anything if they are empty.

7. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

If you say, you need 2K missiles, and you regularly run dry, that means two things only: 1. you shoot at anything you can get a lock at even 800+m and soo misses most times (have seen this big failure too often by other missile boats), or 2. you have sooo bad luck that you don't kill your Targets fast enough, just stripping Armor only, but then you would have 1K+ Damagescores most times. Is that so? I play enough Missile Boats with 5+ Kills & 5+ Assists most games and can say so.

..because if you aim hard on targets and hit most times (when your mates are in a direct Brawl), you would kill half of the Enemy Team with 500-700 Missiles only. Just count the CT Armor Values of 5 Heavies together and you'll know it (not counting damage your mates score in the meantime on your targets). ;)

8. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

The 5xLRM5 build is very useful for suppression, so I don't see why shooting at anything that you get a lock on is a bad thing. I agree, LRMs favor going heavy on the ammo. I would vie for 1440-1800 on a medium/heavy ish, and I like getting 2300-2500 on my Awesomes.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast