1. Important News!

MechSpecs is changing owners. Please follow this link for all the details. It also includes a crowdfund, all donations are appreciated!
    Thanks for your attention -- the MechSpecs team.
  2. Welcome to MechSpecs!
    If you enjoy the site, please consider to register an account for free! Get access to our discord channel and the ability to rate/comment on builds you like! If you've already registered, make sure you log in at the top-right corner of the site.
    --Cheers, the MechSpecs Team.

King Crab - Hitbox images
5/5,

1 rating

Discussion in 'King Crab' started by Lan, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Here's the hitboxes on the King Crab, two days after release. The centre window is the cockpit, the sideflaps really do belong to the sidetorsos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Posting Gargoyle images soon.

DIsclaimer: These hitboxes were located ingame using small lasers to probe the actual model, taking a screenshot from the mechlab and painting it with a overlay. It's not a pro job.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    Bolththrower, Aylek, epikt and 3 others like this.
  2. Solahma

Solahma Space Pimp

YEEEEEEAH. Pretty sure people are going to get used to killing those XL builds pretty quick. Just shoot for the shoulders! WOW those things are massive.

3. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

The only area I feel we may have been a little unclear of is the rear, where the arms meet up with the ST's. But yes, agreed. The hitboxes do not favor XL.

However, the torsotwist and increased speed...well, that's playtesting. Maybe it'll be good enough like the Vic? :)

4. NLR

NLR Active Member

i would only run an XL on one crab, the "crab pot"

5. NLR

NLR Active Member

5/5,
    good information

6. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

I have updated the Inner Sphere Hit Box Localization guide with these images. Thank you.

7. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Um, don't know if it's just me (don't see why it should be though) but the image links seem to be broken, both here and in the Guide mentioned by Michael. Can anyone confirm this?

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

They work for me.

9. Bolththrower

Bolththrower Space Pimp

works even with "russian" internet... :D

10. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

Strange, because for me they just show "missing link". If I use my super-cool Moderator privileges, and go to edit the post, THEN I can see them . . . weird.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  11. PyckenZot

PyckenZot Benefactor

And THAT is why I do not have an XL on my canned crab,...

Falconium likes this.