Meme KGC-000B "Mega Battle Crab" (2xMRM30, 1xUAC20, 2xRAC2, LE280, Endo)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'KGC-000B' started by krevLL, Nov 6, 2017.

1. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

In this year of our Great Lord, 3067, we have completed, nay, birthed, this grand machine, this capitulation to greatness, the epitome of all Battle Crabs. Lumbering forwards as an indomitable machine of fear and destruction, the Mega Battle Crab will take all foes, Spheroid and Clanner alike, within her powerful claws and crush them like the trash they are.

All Hail the Mega Battle Crab

2. Sierra

Sierra New Member

As if it wasn't meme enough .... Have we gone too far?

3. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

Literally going to do this. Totally buying a 000B just to do it. It'll be too slow, running a 300 engine is bad enough, but screw that, I don't care. I actually want to see just how far I can take the whole "Slightly Mobile Assault Platform" thing before it becomes 100% unenjoyable. Battle Crabs are slow and can't reposition anyways, and if they can, it doesn't pack heavy enough ballistics for me. These crabs are all about gigantic cannons within huge freaking arms, and goddammit I want to live in a world where all King Crabs have retarded amounts of firepower.

4. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

Never. Too far is when my crab moves at less than 30kp/h

5. Sierra

Sierra New Member

4x U-AC/5s I think strikes a better balance of dakka and impact. The R-AC/2s have no impact, but U-AC/5s won't hit as hard as the U-AC/20 does. Biggest difference is that the burst and the dakka are the same weapons, just a chainfire toggle to swap between. Course, that build is stupid heavy and leaves nearly no room for additional weapons systems. You are your guns and by god that's all you need!

6. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

I'll agree about running quad UAC5s, because that works wonders in my Night Gyr, but at this point, I'm finding the combination of RACs and UACs to be too sexy. If you don't jam up, and you don't get 12 mech's beating you down at once, you're almost guaranteed to kill whatever is in your sights. Plus the psychological damage and frustration that RACs cause is huge, a similar effect to when you get some jerk chainfiring 4 LRM20s on your head. The RACs are more about discouraging return fire, or shaking their aim enough to matter when you're engaging them. For me, anyway. People are usually twisting to avoid concentrated fire when I'm hosing them with shells and can't fire back at me~

7. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

Also, gonna make a note of apology here for the total lack of ammunition. Might I suggest 1.5tons of RAC ammo and 2.5tons of MRM ammo as an alternative.

8. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

A single rac5 is better than 2 rac2s imo, just because of the tonnage you save. Double mrm30 is definitely worth running over your original single 40 though, if you have the tonnage ;p

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Shock likes this.
  9. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

Something like so, although I might drop a heatsink for another ton of MRM ammo.

*EDIT*

Or, and this screws with cooldowns but saves a ton;

Probably going to change to a single RAC5, it's just way too hot in the original format. I can overheat within 10 seconds of firing everything, and that just won't do. Too bad, Mega Battle Crab is going to be more similar to #crablife, and now I feel like I've wasted a post~

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  10. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

I would do everthing in my power to get Endo-Steel instead of Light Ferro for the big bonus to pounds it provides. I also think your ammo counts are low, and your engine could be bigger. Here are a few builds I can come up with:

40 missiles instead of 60, but much better heat management and the same armor. 325 engine, and 900 MRM ammo

50 missiles instead of 60, but still gets the 325 engine, and 900 MRM ammo. Slightly better heat, lower armor.

60 missiles, 300 engine, and 900 MRM ammo, at the expense of heat and a slight loss of armor.

I also wonder about the placement of the weapons in the arms. What is the advantage of doing it like that, as opposed to swapping the RAC/5 and the UAC/20? Wouldn't the latter be more asymmetrical for brawling?

krevLL and Excalibaard like this.
  11. krevLL

krevLL Insane Fire Troll

@anamiac
    I'll start with the post being originally intended as a joke of sorts, but as in my -0000 build the weapons combination works well for me.
    Build option 1; effing genius. Would not change, and will run this tomorrow, thank you very much!

Option 2; as you said, lower armor and I have a problem with my Crabs melting rather quickly with the speed and required facetime with these weapons.

Option 3; I'd consider this one as well, but I feel like it would be a hotter version of my 0000 #crablife build, so I'll leave it alone for the moment.

But seriously, that first option is fantastic, and I am thankful for it.

As for weapons placement, it's actually unrelated to brawling per se, but it's the simple fact that, as default, weapon groups 1 and 2 are left and right mouse, respectively and I always map my left and right arm weapons to their matching mouse buttons. IE, Left Arm UAC20 - Mouse 1 & Right Arm RAC5 - Mouse 2. And I just prefer the feel of double tapping mouse 1 while holding mouse 2.

Also I feel like the RAC needs more help than the UAC20 to kill things, hence the "redundant" MRMs on that side.

12. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

Here's another version of Option 2 that doesn't sacrifice armor:

It looks a little crazy pairing a MRM 10 and MRM 40, but it's 9 slots and 15 tons, which is probably better than the 8 slots and 17 tons you get when pairing a MRM 20+MRM30. Be aware that the cd's between MRM 40 and MRM 10 are slightly different, and if you fire them both at once you get a small amount (1.61) of ghost heat..

This mech, compared to your original is Same Armor, better speed, better ammo and marginally better heat, but at the expense of 50 missiles instead of 60.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast