KGC-000 "Scorpion King" (2x LRM20+A, 2x LLas, 6x MG,AMS, STD300)

Thread in 'KGC-000' started by Renegademaster, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Renegademaster

Renegademaster Well-Known Member

Objective
    Well it was early in my MWO adventure and i wanted to try LRMS, and i loved MGs. The nice thing is the MG Range covers the LRM minimum range nicely and its sooo much fun MGing light mechs that think you are an easy target!

Pros
    • Excellent sensors allow you to spot and lock targets at range.
    • Lots of ammo to keep you going
    • Actually pretty good at clean up at the end of a match
    • MGs are fun dakka dakka dakka
    • Uses the default Std 300 engine, so you dont have to get an expensive upgrade
    • MG have great spread for catching light mechs.
    Cons
    • Brawlers will probably tear you appart
    • Slow clomp clomp clomp
    • Doesnt have a shield side
    • MGs spread damage so its hard to pop locations.
    Gamplay:
    Hang around at the back and try to get target locks, best not to fire your LRMs at targets hugging buildings. Try to figure out if the LRM arc will go over intervening cover or just smash into it. If you do get line of sight on a mech fire the LRMs and just as they are about to land fire the Large Lasers so as not to give away your position too early. Double Whammy ouch!

If someone does get close (<300m) open up with the MGs. 6 MGs have the equivalent fire power to 2 Large Pulse Lasers so are not to sniffed at, and combined with the Large Lasers you can take your foes down, especially when their armour is thinned at the end of the match.

Also if you get some cocky light mech come try to get shoot you in the back, he is going to get some pain when the MGs find him, its hard to run from a hail of bullets!

Modules:
    Radar Deprivation
    is essential for LRM duels
    MG Range if you are rich enough

Elite Mastery Builds:
    I used these to complete my mastery along with this build
    KGC-00B DPS Claw - < 3PPC 2UAC5 3SSRM2 >
    and
    KGC-0000 Pin Puncher <AC20, 3 LPL, SRM12>

My handle is Renegademaster88 for MWO if you would like to say hi!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  2. Renegademaster

Since this mech lacks TAG, i have been experimenting with using PPCs to knock out ECM instead:

3. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

let us know how it goes.

4. Renegademaster

So far it seems that sadly it wont clear ECM coverage of a mech in an ECM bubble, you have to hit the mech with the ECM to knock it out. The heat on PPCs is pretty terrible, the minimum range of 180 is annoying. I would rather have some ER Lasers on the whole far easier to target with.

5. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

LURM Crab? Shame on you!

6. Renegademaster

@Aylek you would like this build more i think:

7. Aylek

Maybe, but just by the look of it I'd say it's too hot for proper brawling. That build probably needs a Gauss instead of the AC20 and also actually might get away with 3x LRM5. ;-)

8. Renegademaster

what LRMs on a Crab! joke ;) it does very well going round corners or hill humping then droppings its alpha and retreating. Gauss might be good - recently got into them in a big way after getting Grid Iron!

9. Aylek

Indeeed. They are indeed very nice as supplemental weapons on a KGC. Check out my 'Scorpion' build for the KGC-0000 which mounts dual Gauss, quad MLas and quad LRM5s. That one works because the LRMs are purely there for softening up targets not in sight, indirect suppression or for finishing targets fleeing out of sight.

Renegademaster likes this.
  10. Renegademaster

A few tech upgrades - now with even more ammo

This mech still wrecks - 1212 Damage
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast