KDK-1 "Stare Bear" (8xcERLL, TC1, cXL325)
5/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'KDK-1' started by Solahma, May 19, 2016.

1. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Slightly faster version of the Ghost Walker.

The beautiful part is having all 8 cERLL being lower arm actuated, which the DWF cannot do. Should produce very similar results to the DWF build.

2. Arcturus Kerensky

Arcturus Kerensky Star Lord

5/5,
    Great long range build

3. undeadmith

undeadmith Junior Member

what about the heat?

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Well, it runs hot obviously with so many large lasers. But the dissipation is very good with 30DHS. You can fire 2x2x2x2 with a macro as fast as possible (with a 0.5 delay between pairs) which is where this build shines. Catch a mech in the open for ~6 seconds and you've ruined his match. This brings you to ~75% heat, so you can't do an immediate follow-up shot. But it is the fastest you can put this amount of damage out, at range, with a pin-point weapon system.

See my DWF version video for an idea of how it plays.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Wouldn't you be able to do the same thing as the macro by Putting all left lasers on group 1, right on group 2, and put both groups on chain fire? You hold both mouse buttons while firing :)

This is certainly a build I'm seeing myself trying out!

6. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

You can, but it wouldn't fire fast enough.
    cERLL duration is 1.50s which is 3x the time you need to wait before avoiding ghost heat (~0.5s)
    So with a macro you can tune it to fire 2 cERLL just after 0.5s to get them all fired as quickly as possible.
    The distance from start to finish would be:
    Macro method: All 8 cERLL fired in ~3s
    Chainfire method: All 8 cERLL cycled through in ~6s

It's roughly double the damage transfer duration. In other words, you're alpha is twice as fast by using a macro.

7. Excalibaard

hmmm I don't know how long I've played the game without knowing that laser durations are not accounted for with ghost heat :O

8. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

because most lasers are not 1.50 second lightsabers :D

9. P

P Well-Known Member

im using fire control
    so in that aspect its 500 miliseconds?

10. Excalibaard

So, since this is basically a supernova with a bear face, maybe we want to go faster :)

1 DHS less, no TC, a little bit of armor shaved, but 50 (!) engine rating! 61 vs 52 kph, and then spec into speed tweak for 65 kph! good for staying with your team and positioning.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast