JVN-HT "Salute" (4xSL, 2xSRM4, 1xDHS, 2xJJ, XL 255)

Thread in 'Hi There!' started by Ch_R0me, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

Based upon build I use atm. Main weapon are arm-based Small Lasers, SRM-s are used as supplemental firepower.

JJ's should give you ability to go into higher places and such.
    Pretty puch nice build, apart from less-then-average coolling, so watch the temp gauge.

2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

EDITED due to thread merge.
    ###

You have the engine / speed / maneuverability and Jump Jets to flank and keep on hitting legs or other components while staying behind your prey.

Non-ER lasers can be fired for perfectly synced shots with SRMs, they also have higher DPS due to lower cooldown.

Small Lasers have a duration of 0.75s and a cooldown of of 2.25, which is equal to the overall cooldown of 3 seconds of the SRM4 (which means you don't have to skill for the laser duration! Yay! ). This means that you can alfa strike every 3 seconds (or less, as you probably will skill at least into cooldown) and since the javelin has some decent arms, you can torso twist and shield with your arms between shoots.

Also, since you can increase critical damage of you SRMs, there is no need for machineguns like in many other "leg eater" builds.

Since this mech is really cool, you don't have to skill into cool shots, so you can skill in airstrikes (for even better heavies/assaults harassing) and UAVs (same as above if your team mates are fitted with homing missiles and for scouting)

If you want to fit ER-SL go ahead, but you will probably have to skill into laser duration, you will have lower DPS and more heat to dissipate and better range. Since you should use it more like a short-med ranged skirmisher / poker.

Post thoughts: the mech isn't that bad, but the main issue is that there are better brawlers out there.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. Ch_R0me

Ch_R0me Benefactor

I just wanted to ask about my "Salute" build, but thanks for the mention, appreciate ;)

CarloArmato likes this.
  4. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

Yeah, I was completely immersed in theory crafting that I forgot to check out if someone already made this build. TBF this thread can be deleted

Ch_R0me likes this.