Casual JVN-HT "Hi, compromise!" (2xSRM6, 4xML, XL235)
4/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'Hi There!' started by CarloArmato, Oct 16, 2018.

1. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

I'm tryied to make a good mech out of this hero, but without many hardpoints on torsoes, it is not gonna happen... So I had to take compormises.

The main pro of this build is the alpha strike: 45 damage is very good for a 30 tonner, but you are very hot for being a light brawler.

Short version: try to use this mech as a heavy's-assault's backstabber or to assist your bigger brothers.

Use 4xML only (61% cooling efficiency) when target is at range (over 100-150 meters) or is smaller than a medium.
    Use 2xSRM6 only (98% cooling efficiency) when you are at hug range (below 100 meters) for minimum spread. You should fire SRM6 over 100-150 meters only to big target (70+ tonners)
    Alpha strike for back stabs or when both of previous points applies and you are cool enough to not overheat.

The cons of this mech are multiple:
    • Bad SRM6 spread at range (useless against lights or fast mediums if not at hug range)
    • Hot build for a brawler (requires good weapon discipline and heat management)
    • Lot of armor has been stripped
    • No XL250-255 for best cooling efficiency
    • No JJs despite being a Javelin
    Recommended skill tree here: it is a combination of firepower, survival, speed tweak and radar depravation / seismic sensors,

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

afaik Missile spread reaches its maximum spread at 40m, but I could be wrong. It seems to have a different method of spreading than LBX ACs at least.

Maybe going full hug mode and using SPLs for better cooling efficiency/DPS?

3. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

It does actually looks a bit better, but then it would completely lack efficiency range, which means you either commit to brawl or not poke / show at all.

4. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

5. Litzkrieg

Litzkrieg Benefactor

4/5,
    I used mine with 2xSRM6 and 4xERSL, XL225. Does the job well and frees up some tons for DHS. Good concept for sure.

6. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Smaller SRM launchers and added JJ's and a little more armor. A Javelin's legs are its weak point.

7. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

Ya need all the speed ya can get