JVN-10N 'Punkbuster' (2xSRM4, 2xSRM2, XL255)

Thread in 'JVN-10N' started by Aylek, May 28, 2017.

1. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

This variant and build is the sole reason I upgraded my Javelin package to the collecter version on patch day. Contraray to the 6x SRM2 on the 10P this fits my play style in lights perfectly fine. The damage is sufficient both for killing slow and sluggish assault mechs, but also to stand your ground against lights and mediums. It's a humanoid & jumping Oxide in many ways for me.

You can easily skip the second JJ for even more ammo (which is what I did for the leaderboards), but the amount of missiles is perfectly fine if you skill into missile rack (see below for skill tree).

This was my first match ever in the 10N, completely unskilled:

[​IMG]

I bought the upgrade for collector's after a comparable second match and used about 100 GSP to reach this in the new Skill Tree:

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=00728763-435b-11e7-ae4c-4bf9cc4d116f&s=Weapons

I am still not sure if I want to keep the points in Operations as those 9 might be even better in Firepower and Agility. Same goes for Survival, but as the Javelins are bringing some nice structure quirks already, boosting them a bit further seems to be the right call for me.

And it went on like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't have enough time to try any harder, but the top of the 10N Javelin leaderboard was this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    Fherot likes this.
  2. Fherot

Fherot Benefactor

This appears to be the most unpopular mech on mechspecs, but it looks like a fan little missile platform to me. Your build is like a TrebOxide.

I like it.

*Edit: I haven't bothered touching survival in any mech with speed because I think sacrificing anything from firepower, mobility or sensors for survival on a mech that should rely on agility is a bad SP investment.

Even on my Wang I run 0 survival and it is an absolute fun beast.

3. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Just a small update. Still like this thing!