JR7-F Mythweaver's Jenner (6x MLas, XL300)
5/5,

6 ratings

Thread in 'JR7-F' started by Mythweaver, Feb 26, 2013.

1. rjbass3

rjbass3 Well-Known Member

Ok while technically I have been playing MWO since early in the closed beta days, I only really started getting into it about 2 months ago and only in the last month has it become my primary game of choice. I only really started seriously tweaking my mechs in the last two weeks and after a lot of tweaking to my Jenners I finally have one I really like.

I would still like to try to figure out how to get an AMS with ammo on board but worry that I will have to sacrifice some heat sinks to do so. As is I can fire all 6 of my ML's a minimum of four times before the heat warning. A quick blast of Cool Shot and I get two more shots before I overheat. I'm now getting 2 to 3 kills a game with between 350 and 450 damage points.

Anything you guys can offer to tweak this one better I would certainly appreciate.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  2. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Merged your topic since there is already a 6 MLas build.

Welcome to the forums.

3. epikt

epikt Benefactor

Welcome rjbass.

Protip: always make the structure upgrade (endosteel) before the armor upgrade (ferofibrous).
    Both cost you the same amount of crit space, but structure always saves you more tonnage.

Your build here is not complete (no armor on the back, unused tonnage), I don't know why.
    Anyway, my advice is you should go for a 300XL engine:
    - faster (speed is life)
    - can host 2 DHS, then save you 6 slots, allowing you to upgrade both structure and armor, to gain more tonnage.

For other tweaks, look at Myth's build in the first page, it's well optimized. You can trade 2 JJ (3 is imho enough) for one more DHS. If you're feeling confident, you even can reduce the armor (I think I have 197 on mine).

4. rjbass3

Ya my bad. I have both the armor and structure upgraded. I do have armor in the back just didn't put it in the specs.

I have a couple extra tons with this build, and want to add in an AMS. But I am all out of slots. While the speed is only in the 120's I find it to be fast enough considering it's armed with 6 ML's. So my question really is, do I drop a heat sink in favor of AMS?

5. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I still think that upgrading the engine is the best to do (and it will free slots if you place the DHS in the engine). 300XL is one of the most versatile engine, so even if it's expensive you will be able to mount it on several mechs.

But you might be short in cbills, so we will try to work with what we got and find a temporary solution using the 270XL. Anyway, you'll need to switch back to standard armor to use all the tonnage.
    Maybe something like that:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=76&l=b91b83de4298c60d25df8cfe64ef07b0212bb37a

6. rjbass3

Thanks, gonna give it a shot now.

7. Tweaks

Tweaks New Member

This is my version of the JR7-F(C). It's based on the popular "JR7-F Mythweaver's Jenner" build. It's basically the same except that I traded 3 of the Jumpjets for another double heatsink and more armor for better survivability.

Weapon groups:

[1] - 3x MLas in Left Arm (Linked)
    [2] - 3x MLas in Right Arm (Linked)
    [3] - All MLas (Chained)

don Zappo likes this.
  8. RyanUNDEAD

RyanUNDEAD New Member

Well I've only been playing a week and I bought my jenner after about day 3 of playing MWO. I've been fiddling with the build for a 1-2 days to get it just how I wanted it and I think I'm finally done.

With this build I've tried to keep my armour as high as possible whilst maximising my damage and speed. I've only gone with 2 JJs but I find this enough to jump over a single enemy assault blocking my path or up all the ledges I need to get up.

I've found the heat on this build to be pretty low as long as I don't spam all 6 lasers as once. Besides if I do start building a little heat I can always disengage, I am after a jenner =].

9. Moonsword

Moonsword Star Lord

Ok.

1. This build has not been named properly, please see here: http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=2279.0 and http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=3017.0

2. You should have smurfy tags around the smurfy link, in the editor, you should see a little icon that has the MechSpecs logo in it, it does the tags for you.

3. This is a slight varient of Mythweaver's build, found here: http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=546.0

I see you are only new, so I ask that you please read the Site rules and FAQ section of the forums before making anymore posts.

I will be merging this thread with Mythweaver's thread in order to keep the forums tidy.

10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

wow, so its finally possible to rate builds within build.threads finally!? :rolleyes:

ow... so it is not! :sleep:

11. Moonsword

Moonsword Star Lord

This is only because they started off as separate threads and have been merged into one.

12. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

There is no way to automatically detect which new post within a thread is a build related thread or not. We also haven't heard from SoLo in a while in regards to any updates to the Ratings Engine. When two threads are merged sometimes you will briefly see the ratings option within a thread however when we (the mods and myself) find that kind of stuff we DISABLE it.

13. MadTerrapin

MadTerrapin Junior Member

Excellent build. Been running in my Jagers but decided to go back to the venerable Jenner - the x6 MLAS (fired in a group of x3) along with the speed and JJ makes this a mean little SOB. Last night, I had 2-3 kills each game and didn't die; even when we lost. Alongside another similar kitted out Jenner - we were tearing things up.

For me, I had to keep moving (and jumping or hopping) and keep an eye on the heat. Resist temptation to alpha-strike as you will shut down quick and a shut-down light is a dead-light.

Solid build.

5/5

14. Dr. Danger

Dr. Danger Advanced Member

I am running the same, with XL 300, 10 DHS, max. armor but with standard internal structure and standard armor.

I think I will try this now that I noticed I can do some optimizing:

I use cap accelarator.
    I usually try to do something behind enemy lines in Assault, like starting to cap to draw some Mechs away from the front, or for a cap victory.
    In Conquest, I try to capture the outlying cap points and the enemy starting point.

While this build is heat-intensive, firing discipline goes a long way.

15. Vaeden

Vaeden Active Member

I started running this build (as I was mastering Jenners for my Sarah ) and after some practice I'm starting to get comments like "dude you wrecked my s*** woth build" to which I never take credit and give it where it due. Firebrand used to be my favorite mech but after this build...I think I'm a light pilot now. Nothing like going 152kph and burning off legs (yeah that's my thing less armor on legs generally)

16. Xiomburg

Xiomburg Dispossessed

This has to be the single most extreme damage to tonnage ratio with a 'Mech. Besides being the perfect assassin 'Mech, it is also one of the most effective light killers in the game.

Throwing out two 15 point strikes or one 30 alpha to the back of a 'Mech or to it's legs is devastating.

When completely mastered, I would usually recommend two Cool Shots though.

My build is slightly different than yours. I have reduced the Jump Jets down to one, as I usually use them for hills hopping assistance with getting up steep areas. One is more then enough for this and it allows me to stick on 4 Heat Sinks instead of just 1, 2 or 3.

Examples:

[​IMG]

http://imageshack.us/a/img23/3702/0apf.jpg[/img]

http://imageshack.us/a/img201/1667/i19c.jpg[/img]

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/6492/tmv4.jpg[/img]

17. epikt

epikt Benefactor

The build I use is slightly different from what have been posted before: it has 15 DHS, because I'm trigger happy :)

18. SuicidalBaby

SuicidalBaby Well-Known Member

just started my jenners a few days ago and this is the build ive been using. came here to post it and here i see its posted a day before i started my run to master.

Love the cooling on this and the perfect fit. Although, I do vary with my armor allocation.

19. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

This is the build I decided on a while back, as it seemed to present a nice compromise between DHS, JJs, and armor. And I am very satisfied with it so far.

[​IMG]

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/44bqheabhmx1e9y90h.jpg[/img]

20. enileph

enileph Star Lord

5/5,
    Bumping up the classic builds.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast