JM6-DD Big Troll (2x ERPPC, 6x MGs, XL300)

Thread in 'JM6-DD' started by Matta, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Matta

Matta New Member

6 MGs for trolling sake.
    2 ERPPCs to freeze enemie's laugh when he hears MGs fire.
    XL300 for fast trolling and max armor/AMS for longer trolling.

Somebody has to post it, not because it's good but because it must be done. :ph34r:^_^

I'll edit post as soon as I take it on the field few times. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  2. Torabayashi

Torabayashi Junior Member

Beat me to it. Can also be done with large pulse depending on your preferences.

3. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

I was just about to post this 'Mech....great minds and all of that I guess.:D

Myth.

4. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

I know that the whole point of this 'mech is excess, but does it really need 4 tons of MG ammo? I can two of the tons of MG ammo spent in Heat Sinks. Also, two tons of MG ammo could be move to the CT (no repair costs at time of posting) which would prevent leg vulnerability.

5. Matta

Matta New Member

4 tons of ammo is enough for 2.2 minutes of fire. That means in average match it's a safe margin not to run out of ammo. Anything less and you risk trollage stop in the middle of the match. And we can't have that.:D

Legs have good armor and people tend to avoid shooting legs on a heavy Mech. That's why I put ammo in legs but you can spread it in CT also, no big difference.

6. Mythweaver

Mythweaver Advanced Member

I shoot Heavy 'Mechs in the legs for that very reason.

I agree with both of you regarding the amount of amunition required and placement. It's a hard decision to make...more ammo, less heat and vice versa.

I am actually going to try Archwright's theory out. I don't think I've come close to running out of ammo; your targets really shouldn't be within 90 meters of a direct fire support 'mech anyway. If they are though, 2.2 minutes of fire seems like a very short amount of time. What's a pilot supposed to do?

I'll get back to you with my conclusions after some more testing.

Myth.o_O

7. The7Sins

The7Sins Well-Known Member

For the hell of it I got rid of the AMS and doubled the MG ammo. The armor is maxed and I also spread out the MG ammo among the parts or you could decrease the ammo and put in more heat sinks in.

8. Noah Bennet

Noah Bennet New Member

Hi Matta,
    You sayd: 2 ERPPCs to freeze enemies laugh when he hears MGs fire.....

I tryed to adjust armor and engine (switched to XL255)to fit 2 "Freezeing laugh's Gauss" instead of ERPPC. Seems it could works (in theory).

Archwright sayd he knows that the whole point of this mech is excess...

The question is ..... With 2 Gauss am I Exceeding the excess?
    Gauss CD time is pretty long and having 2 seems the easy way to cut it at half.

Set also 2 small laser and AMS just because i got room/weight enough lol (probably would be better more gauss ammo/Armor).
    Which Play style fit this build? probably only mine. I'm used to shoot from far then get closer to shoot down the wounded enemy.
    Could be a good build ..may be with some corrections from an expert?:rolleyes:

Cheers

PD: Thx Michael to show this noob how to post a custom mech from smurfy

9. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

10. The7Sins

The7Sins Well-Known Member

10 shots aren't going to last you very long. I'd get rid of the AMS to put another ton of Gauss ammo, but even with 20 shots it won't last long.

11. Noah Bennet

Noah Bennet New Member

Yep wont last long. Possibly 20 is enough, I still don't last that much as rookie on the field (I last more now thx to some mech build I took from here)

12. Matta

Matta New Member

As above posters mentioned, 10 (even 20) shots is not enough for some quality trolling. :D

Jokes aside, I had quite few good rides with this setup.
    In fact, I've slightly modified it for better performance:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=65&l=83fda445748ead914c337f832723314b594fb603

I removed AMS and lowered MG ammo but tossed in few more heatsinks to gain 1.52 heat efficiency (much more EPPC discharges before overheat).

13. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

I love it when people listen to me. :D

14. The Clamp

The Clamp New Member

First post. Found this site looking for jm6-dd builds. I have tried the 6mg 2 x erppc or 2 x lpl and it's alot of fun. Will be better when they do something with the mgs which I here is coming soon this month. Heres what I have at the moment it's called The Guardian. Any input is greatly received.

15. Blue Milk

Blue Milk New Member

This feels like a variant on the Stinger I use with my JM6-S. I dakka dakka with the AC/2's (macro to 250ms delay between each AC) and pound a way with the Gauss. The ammo is pretty solid for either one, though I'd recommend dropping a ton of AC/2 ammo in favor of more armor. You're gonna want to max the torso armor with that XL engine.

16. Fonus

Fonus New Member

Have been using 6xMG + 2xERPCC since patch and its not a troll, its a great killing machine capable on all ranges even if close up makes it a beast with constant pounding of mashineguns and PCC when avaliable.

XL engine dont seems to be that of an issue since most people seems to have problems with selective targeting (likely to the constant moving and shooting). However I will try using a Std engine this evening cutting down on ammo (4000-6000 seems to be enough) and heatsinks.

17. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

Ran into this build last night. got shot out thru the core. it's a decent build :blush:

18. Matheos

Matheos Active Member

I decided to buy a new DD (sold my original one after leveling it) to give this guy a try. He is surprisingly effective... frighteningly effective in many ways. Since the new MGs do 1 DPS, the set of 6 MGs has more DPS than a single AC/10 or AC/20. However, the builds here are missing one small thing...

I present the "Trollus Maximus" a.k.a. "Maximum Trollerdrive".

Standard engine for single torso trolling!

Heat is a little less manageable but this guy is an absolute blast to play.

19. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

This is how I'm currently playing this mech.

Almost exactly the same as the one above me except trading a heat sink for another tonne of ammo (I didn't see his post before I made this build, lol)

20. Spacehulk

Spacehulk New Member

I built this one the other day. I have found maxxing my armor and putting in a std engine lets me last longer on the battlefield (IMAGINE THAT!).

Almost max armor...needed to squeeze in another ton of ammo 412/422
    STD 310 engine allows me to travel 77.2 kph
    AMS to help get through the LRM Boat phase we are in
    6x MG with 3 tons of ammo
    2 ER PPCs for distance and up close and personal

And somewhere in this mech is 18 tons of fun because that's how much fun it is to play ;)

(oh yeah, not sure how to do the quick view loadout...the links on how to do it aren't working so feel free to flame but send me the link in your fury, thanks!)

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast