JM6-A Grand Flak Cannon (1x AC20, 2x SRM6+A, 2x MLas, STD250)
4.5/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'JM6-A' started by BindMind, Aug 29, 2013.

1. BindMind

BindMind Advanced Member

XL Variant

After making my Shadow Hawk build, I had a look around to see if any mechs within the medium or heavy weight-class could replicate it... And the only one that could was our friend the Jager.

Slightly more armor, slightly less speed, and more firepower than my Shadowhawk variant.

This thing feels very similar to the dual AC/20 build, but with a little more heat management, a little more damage and a HELUVA lot more survivability. You lose a bit of precision, but I feel the tradeoff is worth it. You still have one AC/20 for that precision killshot, of course.

In the current 12v12 situation, I would take this build over AC/40 any day.

Lovin' this 'mech :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2014
    Hurthammer likes this.
  2. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

What a powerful setup! I think you can brawl very deadly at Range below 270m. I will try it out and give you my feedback. I would change your build a little to suit my personal taste. ;)

or:

Hurthammer likes this.
  3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

so played some games with this build and i must say, it's damn brutal as i expected. I usually get minimum 4 Kills. I don't get very high damage scores, something about 500-700. The reason is, that i just kill too fast with Alphastrikes. And most times i get myself too much damage, so that after the fifth engagement i get cored. However a powerful setup. I give it 4 of 5 stars, simply because the JM6-A is better suited as LRM.Supporter mixed with some other Longrange-Weapons

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

I'll say right now: this 'Mech is a killer. I've been running a variant of it for a while on my JM6-A, and it is simply BRUTAL in CQC!

My build:

Great match from just the other night:
    [​IMG]

5 stars, because no Jagger brawls like this guy does.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Falc's version looks hella sexy! Do want!

6. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Just tested this for a couple of rounds. Wow... what a beast.

7. Hurthammer

Hurthammer Active Member

Got behind the enemy team in one of these builds. Had 3 of 'em dead before they could react. This thing is brutal. It makes a dire whale flinch and often start to turn away and think twice. By then, you should be to the rear of them and blasting that back armour. Good times. I run a standard engine version, a bit slower, but man, with some good torso twisting it can brawl with the best of them. 5 star fun! :thumbsup:

8. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

It's like slapping together a SHD-2K and a SHD-5M into something that only weighs 5t more, but roughly packs the firepower of both mechs...
    Deserving nothing less than 5 stars.

XL295/AMS version

Falconium likes this.
  9. epikt

epikt Benefactor

I sold my JM6-A long ago (back in the time of crappy SRM hitreg) but bought it back today to build this mech. First game with 6 kills and 500+dmg, it's a monster, very good alternative to the AC/40.

Here's my build, with emphasis on mobility (XL300 baby!) and AC/20 (5 tons of ammo, I can't do with less anymore). I'll see with usage if I trade some leg armor or heatsink for 1/2t of missiles.

(I just hate how the empty missile pod remains on the AC arm, hopefully they'll complete weapon customisation on this variant)

Falconium and Excalibaard like this.
  10. Falconium

Falconium Administrator Staff Member

5/5,
    BOOM! And the enemy all die. That's what this 'Mech does.

11. MadTerrapin

MadTerrapin Junior Member

5/5,
    Was a bit skeptical about this build but the SRM-6 (x2) + AC/20 combo makes people sit up and take notice. All using a STD engine too! Gone are the days that a light tap to one of my torsos results in me exploding...excellent build.

12. McMatt

McMatt Benefactor

5/5,
    This is really beast!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Anonymous Member

3/5,
    If you can get in close, this thing is brutally effective. Given how many of the maps favor the poke-from-range playstyle, though, your success from match to match will be highly variable. One of those win-big/lose-big deals.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast