IV-Four "Wild Bill" (2x AC5, 2x SRM4, 2x MLAS, 2x JJ, XL280)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'IV-Four' started by Lan, May 6, 2014.

1. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Had a look at the Smurfy cribsheet and to be honest, if you want to use the remaining hardpoints AC5 or UAC5's are the largest you can go in pairs. I would have liked a jumping shotgun build but the tonnage for two LBX10's with a cpl of SRM's and lasers isn't there.

Recommended playstyle: Skirmisher, glass brawler (XL).

Recommended modules: Target info gathering, seismic, 360.

I may try this at some point, going to wait for the reports on the battlefield.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  2. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Massive firepower for a STD engine. Running a TRUE zombie w/ 2x MLas in the chest, and, you can still lose either side torso and retain the twin side's SRM4+AC/5. BEAT THAT ZOMBIE BEAST! :D

Sustained firepower in close range, great long range firepower with the dual AC/5. This is a great all-arounder. However, unlike most multi-range builds, this can also go toe-to-toe with a bigger brawler, put out MASSIVE firepower, and, keep on running with it's STD engine (against many multi-rangers running XL's w/ some close range support) You are devestatingly effective from 1500M down to ZERO with much greater chance of survival.

Dig it.

Chatt.

3. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

:) Beat me to this one

4. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Looks like a pretty straight-forward upgrade over the stock load-out. Looking forward to seeing results.

also, that LBX ammo :p

5. skidog2k3

skidog2k3 Dispossessed

Yeah, someone should fire that tech.

6. cs_kami

cs_kami Benefactor

Very Zombie (IV-Zombie?), gives the centurion a good run for his money.. and then some.

7. spottiedogman

spottiedogman New Member

Thanks for the build! Ran it this way to get it through basics and elites, good solid build. I give it 5 stars! Would post score screen print but can't seem to find how to do it.

8. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

Ammo, smammo. Haters. ;)

I've been stupid busy with family in the hospital and travel for work, however, hopefully I can actually get online tonight and test this beast out.

The $20 price tag makes me very hesitant as I don't really want to give PGI any more money until they start delivering on some year old promises, but, this mech looks reaaaally tasty! :D

Also, if you desire, you easily drop to a STD250 and grab an extra ton of SRM ammo if you're finding yourself in more close-range engagements.

Or, more likely for me, a STD255 with beefed up armor and 90/200 ammo (AC5/SRM)

9. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

I use Imgur, you can just upload pictures from your screenshots folder, then use the bbcode link that imgur will give you, and post it on here!

10. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

First match with this build. Forgot SRM ammo. Still pulled a 799. Ran out of AC/5 ammo in the end. Fantastic build.

[​IMG]

11. Sir Tiddles

Sir Tiddles Active Member

5/5,
    I finally got around to messing with this mech, and I have to say this is pretty much the only viable build if you want to take advantage of the quirks.

The only thing I am missing is the last two jump jets, but there is nothing I would drop to get them (sad face).

12. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Heh, I don't usually post pure theory builds without testing them but I never purchased this hero I'm afraid. Happy to see the build is working too! :)

13. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

5/5,
    The best build for this Mech. Thx to the Quirks it has high speed Dakka.

First match (no skills unlocked):
    [​IMG]

My MOD:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast