Ilya Muromets Chainsaw (3x UAC5, 2x MLas, AMS, XL280)
5/5,

4 ratings

Thread in 'Ilya Muromets' started by ProtoformX, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

This build is field tested to melt face. You have enough ammo(225) to snipe back at the Gausscats, and still have enough to go full-auto when you accidentally run into an Atlas. With good aim, this build should easily net you 500+ damage per round. You have enough ammo to dish out 1125 damage, plus the medium lasers for backup. Should be plenty to get yourself primaried in the first few minutes. :rofl:

Use the power for good, not for evil! :ph34r:

NOTE: I added AMS to his build sheet to use up the remaining 1.5 tons that were discovered bu you can strip that off and add whatever you want; depending on the severity of missiles in the coming weeks.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2014
  2. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

I've been playing this mech far less as I'm getting quite a few options now. I ran it a few times tonight. Here's my damage in the three rounds:

888 | 681 | 724

She sure puts down consistent pwnage for a mech with jam-able weapons.

3. Nazgulgnome

Nazgulgnome New Member

I followed your build exactly and was 1.5 tons short of 70. I stuck 1 heat sink in the engine and bumped the armor on the legs up to 59 each. Do you just run with lower weight?

4. ProtoformX

ProtoformX Active Member

You have multiple options for the 1.5T. Do what you did, add AMS, add BAP, or switch to a third medium laser and more armor. Depends on my mood.

5. yashan

yashan New Member

This is very, very similar to what I run (I use 3 mlas and no AMS).

Unless I get primaried, I consistently top the leaderboard in damage and kills. Even with jams this build puts out a horrifying amount of damage. Hit an assault in the flank and you'll have their arms off in no time. I've had Jaeger's back off from trading ranged shots.

I'd avoid brawling straight on (still can get cored pretty quick by concentrated fire) but it's hell on wheels when hitting a scrum from the side.

6. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I suggested my friend who just picked up the game and wanted to buy a chassis with MC (I told him then he wants a hero mech) to go with this build, except I took off 1 ton of ammo and AMS to get another ML, 1/2 ton of armor, and threw a DHS into the CT. He didn't like it, but that's not a fault of this build. He took off the UACs and picked up dual gauss. This configuration is what I will probably do when I get my ilya.

7. KalliD

KalliD New Member

Very similar to mine with a 300xl and AMS (apparently), just finished a few matches with it and fell in love all over again. I've found that 9 tons of ammo is about right, any less and I find that I'm too frugal with my shots. Great build!

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah Staff Member

Are you running this beast in full alpha on the UACs or chain firing them?

For some reason I find chain firing them almost never jams but when you switch over to full alpha on group 1 (where the UACs are) it jams... a LOT! Still, most of the time there is SOMETHING firing. I have named this mech the Chainsaw for you as when it is firing on all 3 UACs this thing is a BEAST and cuts enemies down like a mofo chainsaw!

9. Marukeru

Marukeru Benefactor

Currently running this build on my Ilya. I'm absolutely loving it so far and even managed to talk a few friends into running AC/5 And/or UAC/5 along side me.

We ended up on Tourmaline, climbed the towers, made our own firing line, and every time we saw a 'mech we focus fired at them and they quickly ran back. Once we got low on ammo we pushed in and used our remaining ammo to clean up the mess ;)

This def gets 5* for me.

10. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=54&l=59e4d855085b90bcb9832ebff1b6aaba8c23b26b

This is my variation. Could drop the extra heat sink to put the 9th ton of ammo back, but I'd rather have a bit of heat if I'm adding an extra ML.

11. GalenCrayn

GalenCrayn New Member

The Ilya Muromets with this build is perfect. I run 3 UAC5 on my Jagermech and my best damage in a game was over 900. The only thing because i use jager and not ilya are the uac5 position... The Jager have them top what is quite cool in MANY situations. With Ilya you often shoot the floor or rocks when covering. But its my 2nd favorite mech ingame :)

12. The Jerol

The Jerol New Member

Well,

I officially LOVE this build... I had been running a Gaussaphract (2 Gauss, 3 ML) and that was fun, but this! This is fantastic. I'm no good (not yet), but in my first game with this build (modified a bit -- I run 3 ML with the 3 UAC/5s) I did 500 damage and got 4 kills. I have the UACs set to chain fire and they never jam. Heat doesn't budge unless you run the lasers heavily.

Thanks again!

TJ

13. Michael

I spread my UAC5 ammo out a fair bit... I'd rather have an arm blown off than that left torso go crit

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=54&l=e9d7c685ef73ca484644dd2d2448bc6e5fab3cac

14. Business

Business Advanced Member

Yup. 4 matches now without a jam. Quite a bit of damage!

I really like raspberry jam, though.

15. Tsume Eiranis

Tsume Eiranis Well-Known Member

This is correct Michael.

When you chainfire 3 UACs, they will never, ever jam because the delay is just enough to never get into the jam-duration.

It is very juicy that way.

16. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I've noticed chain fire likes to wait a half second. If you're firing your UACs every half second, a 3xAC5 build would be much better. 1.4 sec CD instead of 1.5 sec (figure 3 halves of a second between each shot), 1 ton less per AC5, and 5 more rounds per ton of ammo. Plus you can alpha without them jamming.

UACs are more effective if you don't worry about jams. Spam them and do mad DPS until they jam, then use the break during the unjam to seek cover or torso twist. I'd like to cite Michael's playtesting on jamming (in the video/guide section) as my source for this information.

17. Michael

I think UACs have had some tweaking since then no? That video was done a while ago. I am waiting for them to stop screwing with the weapons so that I can get some reliable (and long lasting) numbers.

18. Tsume Eiranis

Tsume Eiranis Well-Known Member

I agree, but he asked if it could be that they would not jam and that is true.

Alas, you can have two groups, one chainfire for some sort of long range sniping and one for the Alpha button to just spray the bullets liberally.

19. Yiazmat

Yiazmat New Member

Long live the Murdermets. This thing is a glass cannon, but it lays down the hurt.

20. skribs

skribs Min-Max Maniac

I'm not aware of them even touching UACs since then, not even range or anything. They've tweaked regular AC5s twice (range once, cooldown next).

Tsume, that is true, although sniping with fast weapons I've not found to be effective. In order to maximize your output, you would have to keep your lead perfect every half second or so, instead of every 4 seconds like with Gauss/PPC. I'd rather shoot once and jam, and then wait til I unjam to need to lead the target again.