Huginn "Quirk-Jerk" (2x SRM4+A, 2x JJ, XL295)

Thread in 'Huginn' started by MightyBolamite, Nov 17, 2014.

1. MightyBolamite

MightyBolamite Junior Member

First off, I'd just like to say that this build is not mine, I saw this one that someone else was running; I don't even own the Mech. It just greatly impressed me.

I'm pretty much guessing with the armor/engine/ammo, but its pretty close. The pilot had a nasty habit of being behind an enemy Mech a rip through their back armor like it was nothing. He might have had a cooldown module as he was firing faster than AC/2's. He would have won us the game... if he hadn't run out of ammo. :banghead:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2014
  2. epikt

epikt Benefactor

That's why you need 6 tons.
    On a Huginn with MGs it's not easy to load more than 5, but if you go without better use the tonnage.

3. MightyBolamite

MightyBolamite Junior Member

Again, I am simply guessing. I really have no idea what amount he started with. It just impressed me how quickly it tore through back armor.

4. Cpt Chattahah

Cpt Chattahah Min-Max Maniac

With the quirks and modules now, this is a MONSTER! I really need to pick one up just for the chain-gun SRMs. There's a video out there showing just how fast they can fire... I'd go XL280 and grab some ammo, but, MAN does this look fun! :D

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

6. Tenderballz

Tenderballz Junior Member

hoooleeee sheeeeet. i'm buying this baby this weekend.

Solahma likes this.
  7. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Yep, +1. Not sure if I'll get it at the 35% discount this weekend or if I am patient enough to wait for another 50% one.

8. Tenderballz

oooo how are you so certain that there will be an even better discount coming? there has been a precedence? :woot:

9. Solahma

Solahma Star Lord

Got this guy on the sale this weekend. After running around in the Testing Grounds for 30 minutes tweaking the build, I settled with a smaller engine, less arm armor, and more SRM ammo.

First game, no modules other than SRM4 cooldown and range. Had 3 kills completely "stolen" from me :rage:. Went solo against a timberwolf TWICE opening their CTs and nearly killing them before friendly LRMs came in to finish the job... Destroyed their DWF and chased down my competition, the enemy Huggin. :rofl: If I hadn't chased their Huggin's drum sticks I might have broke 1k :p

[​IMG]

10. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

Hmm, i find dual SRM4s a bit weak compared to the quad SRM4s of the Oxide. It definitely has enough Ammo for even long battles, but also longer TTK without the Extra-Crit. I run my Huginn with 500 Missiles and 1t MG Ammo, didn't run out in most games so far.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    epikt likes this.
  11. krieger82

krieger82 New Member

That may have been me you saw running this build. I used this loadout the instant the quirk patch launched.

12. Tenderballz

I used the XL300 i had lying around and didnt see the need for artemis so i could cram in as much ammo as possible since i had run out a couple of times.

the results are fantastic 3K6A 857 dmg. =)

[​IMG]

5K3A 773 dmg
    [​IMG]

2K6A 991 dmg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  13. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

I like the xl295 while still keeping 650 srm ammo.

14. DIGENIS

DIGENIS New Member

15. DIGENIS

DIGENIS New Member

16. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

I think the XL285 is probably the best compromise, but it's kind of a "rare" engine.

I wouldn't do 1 JJ builds, because jumping is what makes this special over the Oxide.

epikt likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast