1. Dear MechSpecs visitors!

To help pay for the hosting, an extra ad slot using Google AdSense's new 'AutoAd' system is being tested. This is only enabled for our (many) guest visitors, so register an account and the site will be back to how it was. Let us know if these ads get too invasive, as user experience is of course top priority!
    --- Regards, the MechSpecs team!

Casual HBR-B ''Thunder King'' (3x C-ERPPC, 3x C-LMG)

Thread in 'Hellbringer Omni Builds' started by MachineGod, Jul 10, 2018.

1. MachineGod

MachineGod Active Member

This is a HOT HOT HOT build... Obviously..

Run the 3 C-ERPPC on chain fire, and have one weapon group for an alpha (you can alpha them when you're at low temp between 3% and 5% ONCE before having to turn and cool. Melt armor with the ERPPCs, tear internals with the LMGs. Great second liner, as long as there's other armor to share. Been averaging 400-600 damage per game unskilled.

2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Now I know this goes slightly against your original idea to use the ERPPCs as pinpoint armor opening, but the ability to alpha all energy without ghostheat and still deal a lot of damage seems enticing. Also, don't forget to run ECM if you have the OP pod anyway :)

Side note: c-ERPPC aren't even pinpoint, rather they do 10 damage to the component hit and 2.5 splash on each side.

3. MachineGod

MachineGod Active Member

I know the PPCs do splash, but the alpha 30 on one point or the chain fire for more shots peels armor away fairly quickly.

The matches I've done with this loadout have usually gone with opening volley being an alpha, then hiding while I cool down. Several times that opening volley has gotten most mechs red or opened in CT.

The HLL/PPCis a good idea too, but my thought process was
    >volley
    >hide
    >volley
    >hide
    >close and MG
    >etc
    Didn't wanna stick around for the burn time

4. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Burntime is fair, you could always just use the two erppcs in that stage where sticking around for the laser is a bad idea. Still more effective than chainfire and doesn't generate ghost heat. If you can afford the burntime (for example during the MG fire) the HLL will almost double your pinpoint alpha for less total heat.