HBK-4P Techwalrus' Cinder (8x SPLas, STD275)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'HBK-4P' started by TechWalrus, Nov 7, 2014.

1. TechWalrus

TechWalrus New Member

Modules: SPLas Range 5, SPLas Cooldown 5, Coolshot 9, Coolshot 6, Adv. Seismic Sensor, Radar Deprivation, Target Info Gathering

The fully mastered Cinder surpasses a Cinder that is not mastered.

7.38 DPS when the above criteria have been met.

This mech is without a doubt the best hunchy I've ever seen or built. It is good on heat and it kills everything that gets too close. I have taken down direwhales with this monster of a hunchback. The biggest difference I see is that it is a STD engine and not an xl. That means you can still use that left torso as a shield (Primary use the arm). I went against a DW friend on a private match, killed him multiple times. I want to post these videos but for now I'll leave you with some screenshots. If you run this build please let me know your thoughts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All of these screenshots were taken from today. I was working directly with my direwolf friend Krivz.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
    Excalibaard likes this.
  2. enileph

enileph Star Lord

Go all the way dude.

vanel, epikt and Blagg Zear like this.
  3. Blagg Zear

Blagg Zear Star Lord

I ran tried this here in the past. Worked pretty well unless you get sniped from distance..

4. dranozir

dranozir MechSpecs Addict

4/5,

Good build but small pulse have a very short range.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

That's why they're balanced instead of broken :p

I like the idea of the OP better than the 9 pulses. That way you can obsolete an otherwise useless arm, and get 2x DHS back from 1 SPL. This allows for more alphas that you can get off before you overheat and being an even more oppressive scalpel. Personally I'd probably still prefer to run ML+SPL for the range advantage, but full SPL is not to be underestimated :)

6. Ragnar RedHawk

Ragnar RedHawk Well-Known Member

5/5,
    DPS is crazy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dranozir and Excalibaard like this.
  7. Badger

Badger New Member

Fun build. I have found that using a LT engine frees up room for a AMS and the full 9 SPL's adding to its survivability in todays LURM filled matches.