HBK-4P “New Meta Version X” (8x ERML, TC1, STD275)

Thread in 'HBK-4P' started by Lorgot, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Lorgot

Lorgot Advanced Member

Based on the patch notes, could be something worth looking into, especially if includes erMeds, meaning if you wanted to, you could mix reg and er

2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

I came up with this same build too, but I didn't fit a TC1 due to lack of armor to strip away. 28 armor on each leg is really low: if a lucky AC20 / gauss will hit one of your legs, a smart mechwarrior will possibly find out and exploit such low armor.

I think it's best to keep most lasers on the right side so you can completely and safely shield using your left side.

With your build:
    • if you lose your right side, you are left with 2xERML and 17 DHS total
    • if you lose your left side, side, you are left with 7xERML and 13 DHS total
    Instead, if you move that single ERML and 2xDHS on the right arm:
    • if you lose the right side, you are left with 1x ERML and 15 DHS total
    • if you lose the left side, you still have a full 8xERML alpha strike and lose only 4 DHS (15 remaining)
    There is also the added benefit of full alpha strike when poking from the right side, so you don't have to fully expose your mech.

Dagonus and Lorgot like this.
  3. CarloArmato

Updated version for 2021 patch and ERML buff... Now with even a fresh patch that restores / boosts mobility!

You canl alpha strike 3 times without overheating and pre-skills, plus AMS protection for even safer pokes and a bit of protection for you and your team mates. Swap AMS for TC1 / DHS / armor as you please

4. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I do think I'd do this with the extra DHS instead of the AMS, which'll also give you some more armor on that left side to soak with.

It's a nice play off the good ol' newbie-friendly classic.

5. CarloArmato

Screw myself for fitting an AMS, it's better with TC1 for the increased range and small boost to crit chance (LRMs and ATMs are now very rare and when you side poke properly, you can deny most of the incoming damage with maxed radar deprivation)

You can further strip armor for an additional DHS, but IMHO it's a bit too risky

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast