HBK-4G "Severance" (1x ERPPC, 1x MPLas, 3x MG, STD255)

Thread in 'HBK-4G' started by Kamiko K, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Kamiko K

Kamiko K New Member

Ok, my 2nd build I currently use....
    Like my HBK-4H build, this is also designed to run in a full unit lance of medium mechs. My specific function is to counter enemy ECM and strip weapons off of larger targets. Depending on exact lance config I sometimes swap out the AMS for BAP. The PPC is used in conjunction with a unit mate with LRMS.

The thinking behind this is:
    The ERPPC is used to suppress enemy ECM, specifically on DDC Atlas, though I have become used to tagging lights with it:p I also value the snapshot, hit-and-run capabilty it provides. As a lot of games now tend to be stand off affairs it gives me vital ranged capability.
    The medium pulse laser was selected because I wanted a low cycle time, decent damage weapon for use as my head laser-or last ditch weapon. I find I can use it nicely between ERPPC recycles. Most expect a small laser in the head, but oh no not this Hunchie!
    The MGs I would expect are the contraversial inclusion. They are purely for stripping arms and equipment. Because this was made for specific types of engagement I often find myself behind or to the side of enemy mechs our lance engages, the PPC and medium pulse strip armour away and that's where the mgs do their thing. I was sceptical at first until I saw what correct application can achieve. They are more effective that people realise:)
    I am hoping that the heatsinks will act as crit buffers for the ammo as I am obviously hesistent to place ammo in my legs...:)
    I have a 2+ KDR with this mech, with ALL the kills coming from the mgs....
    One major weakness is of course the weak armour in the legs, but...I often find enemy go for that right hunch above all else and as yet, have yet to be legged once. the right arm although small DOES soak up some extra incoming hits.
    [​IMG]
    Fairly tame game, but lots of assists and 4 component destructions..

*edit* accidentally uploaded pic of an Atlas game...doh!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast