HBK-4G BFG Striker (1x AC20, 3x MLas, STD250)
5/5,

8 ratings

Thread in 'HBK-4G' started by Random Incarnate, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

With the upcoming quirks I expect this build to need between 4 and 5 tons of ammo :x

Best way is probably just removing the head laser, than way you don't have to drop to STD 225. If you want 5 You'll have to lose FF, head laser and go to STD225, making you as slow and vulnerable as Jagermech. 5 tons of ammo and head laser will result in having to go to STD210 (at least, I've not seen another option besides dropping quite some armor):

2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I am currently using STD 225 and am fine with the speed. The extra speed gained by using a 250 sized engine would be nice, but not at the cost of AC20 ammo or 1/3 of my lasers.

People will realize quickly that taking out the BFG will be much harder when the new quirks are in effect. Which in turn will make them go directly for the CT or the legs. Therefore we probably need as much armor as possible on the legs, and as with any light or medium mech I'd strongly recommend against storing ammo there.

I think the arms would be fine with 26 armor each (they aren't well suited for shielding anyway) while the RT doesn't need that armor imbalance anymore because of the huge armor buff incoming.

Ammo will be used from CT and RT first, so placing it there should be relatively save.

Can provide a build propsal later, but am on my phone right now.

3. Excalibaard

You're right! I think this will be my new sweetling <3

4. Excalibaard

You need 10 heatsinks to start a match, so your build is invalid.

5. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

5/5,
    I've done a video on this one and LOVE this build. For a Medium this thing is simply bad ass. I've gotten good scores, above average kill ratios and a lot of fun with this!

6. Madgoose

Madgoose Well-Known Member

5/5,
    I´'M LOVING IT!!!
    AC20 is badass (28 rounds), good backup and excellent resilience.

Edit: I stripped my arms and legs a bit so that 4t AC20 and a STD250 fit.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  7. Apnu

Apnu Active Member

This is "the build" for the HBK-4G. I ran this build in early Closed Beta and haven't looked back since. It was awesome before the torso buff, and before the quirks. Now with the quirks this thing is a machine to be feared.

8. Clint McCoy

Clint McCoy New Member

My take on this build, drop the engine to stock, and add 3 MPlas. I like the extra PP damage over the moderate speed increase

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
  9. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

If you want speed, then you want the Yen-Lo-Back.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  10. Nijle

Nijle New Member

5/5,
    Great Build

11. Excalibaard

Just realized how much better this build becomes with the Light Engine and Light Ferro!
    No longer are you stuck with just 3 tons of ammo, or a terrible speed. The amount of times you're useful zombieing with just 1 ERML head laser are marginal anyway. The weight savings of the light engine, and the lower slot usage by light ferro (while still providing a good amount of extra armor) revitalize this build like never before.

12. ThomasAH

ThomasAH Junior Member

First post here, let's see if posting a build works :)

I tried something similar with the new tech, but I focused more on sustained DPS and filling all slots:

With the Magazine Capacity skills I already get 36 AC/20 shells when loading 28, that was enough.

13. Excalibaard

70% heat efficiency is really too much, no way you ever use your heat optimally :)
    Full slot usage is nice, but not a necessity! If 5t+skills is too much, you can take other skills or exchange just 1 ton of ammo for the DHS :)

14. ThomasAH

ThomasAH Junior Member

70% was nice on hot maps,but yes, an extra laser would be nice, so I dropped the engine to LE255 and removed one of the two DHS.
    The armor values are optimized to get the maximum bonus values with all armor skills:

15. Excalibaard

5/5,
    Quintessential build for the 4G. The big AC20 quirks make it perform a mile beyond other AC20 chassis!

This is with a LE to mount a bit more ammo and an extra DHS because why not. I prefer to run with a STD in most cases though.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  16. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

5/5,
    Old but gold. The best and funniest way to run this variant , though it is not even close to be one of the most effective mediums.

17. Dagonus

Dagonus Moderator Staff Member

5/5,
    Finally bought a Hunchie. Running it with a slightly bigger LE engine than most, but it is a delight to play; even unskilled.

ThomasAH likes this.
  18. IronEleven

IronEleven Active Member

5/5,
    Still fun as hell, only thing that's really changed after all these years is the engine.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast