Gyr atm build

Thread in 'Night Gyr Omni Builds' started by How do you do this, Jul 16, 2019.

1. How do you do this

How do you do this New Member

hey
    I was just wondering if anyone’s tried to make a night gyr hit and run build? I’ve attempted this and can push out roughly 800 damage a game using 2 large lasers and 3 atm12s . I Was just looking for someone’s opinion and if they have a better hit and run build ?

2. I tend to avoid clan ERLL, so that doesn't leave you with a lot.
    You will not have a lot of cooling especially if you are using the jump jets.

So, how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

Full hatter?

Not quite meta?

I mean if you really want to stay that far back, why use ATMs?
    But if you are so inclined to get that 1.2 damage at 1200 meters.....
    .....you will need a lot of ammo and ECM for extra hiding power.

Note: Jade Kite not needed for these builds. Just working off old work.
    https://mechspecs.com/threads/quad-atm-12-boating-comparison.15249/

3. How do you do this

I’m currently running 3 at12s and 2 erll (for when ct is red structure) it is a hot build however if you chain fire atms and lasers(if you need burst use multiple clicks) usually no one tries to push you after you drop 120ish damage the option with 4 atms doesn’t give me anything to counter mechs or finish CT’s any other options? Doesn’t have to be lasers

4. How do you do this

Miss read first mech I’ll give it a try thanks

5. I wouldn't count on this outside of tiers 4-5.

Not a lot of room/tonnage for much besides lasers, so most ballistic builds are out, unless you want to downgrade to 2x ATM12's.

Also remember that you are moving at the same speed as some of the 90 ton clan assaults and you are likely going to be seeing lots of meta Vapor Eagle 3s with similar builds with much faster speed.

6. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

Agreed. I've tried the 4xATM12 Night Gyr build, but I find the Night Gyr to be too slow to deploy ATM's effectively. 3xATM12 + 2xERLL sounds pretty darn hot too.

The Night Gyr works best as either an autocannon boat (it can do a variety of dakka loadouts very effectively), or as a 2xGR + 2xERLL midrange peak/support fire build.

7. renzor51

renzor51 Advanced Member

Well this is interesting. I wanted to adapt one of the previous ones with ATM's and MPL's to have ECM, but there are problems with too much tonnage available for the amount of pod space. With 2 ATM12's and ECM with 4 MPL's, there's 3.5 tons unused.

So that's why I'm mixing lasers here. Using up all of the tonnage. Weird idea, but maybe this would work for long distance poking with the ERLL's and midrange fighting with the ATM's and MPL's? Dunno.

8. ShooterMcGavin80

ShooterMcGavin80 MechSpecs Addict

If you're going to mix ATM's with something, they work best mixing with either:

1. Close-in weaponry like SPL, HSL, ERuL, ERSL's. Best on very mobile heavies or mediums (NOT a Night Gyr).
    2. ATM's and MPL's also work decently well together. There is a TBR and MAD-IIC that can boat 2xATM's + MPL's pretty well.
    3. And, if you can manage it, ERPPC's + ATM's also work very well. Especially so because the ERPPC's will defeat ECM/stealth, and give you the ability to reach out and hurt people at pretty much any range.

This is hot but the ability to pop tart ATMs/ERPPC's with ECM makes it a unique clan heavy:

Would need the following skill tree for best heat management:
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...000000000000000e86f777fe56e8caf2719#s=Weapons

If PPC's aren't your thing, LPL/MPL could also work, but you need to build it off the D model with the CT energy hardpoint:

https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...000000000000000e86f777fe56e8caf2719#s=Weapons

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast