GRF-2N "The Cure" (2x LPLAS, 4x SSRM2, ECM, 3x JJ, XL300)
4.5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'GRF-2N' started by Lan, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

This mech is probably best as a SRM brawler but you could also use it to be the cure for Zerg rushes.

ECM to help it hide or counter, streaks to chase down those lights and two large pulse to saw their itty bitty legs off. Hell, if I saw this while piloting a light I'd think twice about jumping it.

Arkangel likes this.
  2. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

Stop posting all my ideas prior to me getting home from work, dammit!! :mad::confused::rolleyes:

anonymized1 and The Verge like this.
  3. Lan

Lan Mech Wrangler

Sorry man, been thinking about it since the hardpoints were announced. Haven't got it yet but am seriously considering it given how sweet it looks. :)

4. Aylek

You definitely should. Awesome mech.

Btw., your build is a variant of my old 'Lighthunter' (2xLLas, 4x SSRM2) on the SHD-2D2. It's definitely viable, allthough IS streaks are pretty weak nowadays. But double LPLas provide a better punch than an AC20, so this is dangerous for bigger mechs as well. Definitely one of the builds I am looking forward to do. Might also try 4x SRM2 here... but let's see.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  5. zzoxx

zzoxx Benefactor

Very nice, i'll try this too. 2 Large pulses are already on, but i got modules for other missles. Works pretty nice for me so far. Thx for sharing!

6. zzoxx

zzoxx Benefactor

5/5,
    Forgot to rate, great build.

7. Aylek

Used this in a league drop yesterday and it's a tad bit hot even when mastered. I'd therefore go with an XL295 and 1 less JJ in favour of an additional DHS.

Lan likes this.
  8. ConnVerse

ConnVerse New Member

Hello everyone,

Just signed up to share my version of this build (and sorry for some failed attempts :p). I'm not a big fan of IS SSRM2, so I swapped them for 2 SRM4+a . That enabled FF and the inclusion of more heat sinks. It has less JJ now though.

I know there are 170kg of unused weight, but oh well.. :p

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  9. Vundar

Vundar Well-Known Member

I love that I came up with nearly the same thing as you Connverse... and then scrolled down to see I've gotten scooped for this modification.

I just cut the Artemis for more ammo and jumpjets :)

10. Aylek

4/5,
    Slightly hot and IS SSRMs are a bit old-fashioned, but the double LPLs hit like a horse's kick.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  11. Aylek

Is anybody else still working on this concept?

12. enileph

enileph Star Lord

This was my streak setup when I last took him out.
    Still prefer SRM on this more.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast