Golden Boy "One-Inch Wub" (1x LPLas, 3x SRM6, 2x MLas, XL280)

Thread in 'Golden Boy' started by PooHH, Aug 6, 2013.

1. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

This is the Golden Boy build that i'm liking. Its a fun brawler, and I love the little more range you get out of the Large Pulse over the stock loadout, and you still have a pretty nasty alpha (almost 60). Also, you get to keep your missle bay doors closed all the time.

I dropped 2 points of armor from the side torsos instead of more from the legs because i've been getting most of my damage to the center torso.

Could probably be improved, but i'm having a lot of fun with it. Try it and let me know!

Build names are hard to come up with...

2 variants With Artemis, one for the ammo concious, and one for people who like to have plenty. I haven't been running out with 300 too often even in 12 mans. If i get close enough to unload on someone, i generally have a few buddies with me and they'll die super fast.

Currently this one is my favorite.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

You can name them after people, places, movies, quotes, anything really. As for the build, I really like it. about as fast as you can go in this thing.

3. Regina Redshift

Regina Redshift Sass Elemental

Why not drop an MLas and change the SRM6 in the RT into 2xSRM4 in the CT?

4. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

Well that would be trading 5 damage from the ML for 4 damage from the 2 extra missiles you get. I suppose it would work, 4's do have a slightly tighter spread than 6's, but i i'd prefer to keep the laser for the range and for ease of hitting lights.

Edited for maths.

5. PooHH

PooHH Active Member

Thanks mate, its fun.

6. Thiak

Thiak Well-Known Member

nice setup, but definately not for golden boy.... 4/5

it works perfectly for a KTO-19 or 20

although i prefer the 19/20 with more speed

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast