GHR-5P "Tall Slappa" (2xHPPC, 5xML, 4xJJ, XL340)

Thread in 'GHR-5P' started by Aysnorelax, May 30, 2021.

1. Aysnorelax

Aysnorelax New Member

The grasshopper is the perfect poptart! If quirked right this thing is a beast and can pump out 5 volleys of HPPC when not jump jetting on neutral maps. Many verisions of HPPC grasshoppers have been posted here but im a firm believer that this build is top. With grasshoppers quirks gimped, it does currently pale to its previous versions but its hardpoints are unbeatable if you can get the HPPC into that top spot. Perfect convergence as well. Mediums are ideal here for their efficiency in both damage and cooling, with what quirks pig graciously has bestowed upon (Energy Range 5%), it can bump up the range to 310 on ML (with some range skills included, see skills).

[[Skills]]

2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

In my humble opinion it's better to downgrade engine to an XL325, so you can add a TC1 and another DHS. You could also swap my TC1 for an additional ML for maximum alpha strike close range, but that's a whole another story.

About the skill tree, I have 2 things I truly don't like: range not maxed and no radar deprivation at all.

About range, it's a must have: the more damage you can apply even at longer ranges, the better (better trades, more range to play with and to shot from etc.)
    About radar deprivation, it's true that right now there aren't as many LRM or ATM boats like pre-patch, but no radar deprivation at all means that if you ever find yourselves locked by an LRM, you are gonna get showered because of their "target decay" nodes anyway. Also, maxed radar deprivation means you are gonna blink for very short times when you poptart properly, so it is a very welcome addition in most scenarios.

On a side note, don't pick heat containment nodes: while they do increase the heat threshold (how many times you can alpha strike before shutting down) they do not increase heat dissipation, so they are only useful once when shooting from 0 heat... And that's it.
    Also, grasshopper already has great mobility and I've never experienced a situation when I was really thinking "if I had some additional torso twist / speed, I wouldn't have died"... Mobility is a welcome addition (especially speed tweak to stick with the rotato potato), but not really necessary for poptarting. If you really want to skill into mobility, I would rather drop some armor/structure nodes.

My skill tree would look something like this
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...000000000e877665ebfc7e6000000#s=Miscellaneous

Or, if you really like the additional torso speed for maximum shield arms...
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?h=a5f1f9fcd744d3c46ba090401801d860200000000e877665ebfc7e6000000#s=Armor Structure

And if you really can't hit without those speed nodes, drop a single coolrun for +4 projectile speed nodes:
    https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/...01d8602000000002871665ebfc7e6000000#s=Weapons

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  3. Aysnorelax

Aysnorelax New Member

I've considered some of your suggestions, your points on heat containment are on the ball! However I cannot bring myself to have less armor nodes as you have suggested in your skill tree, I believe armor is far to valuable. Armor > Velocity and Range in my opinion as Velocity can be made up for by proper aiming and range is aided by my fat engine allowing peak positioning. Lessening heat containment did allow me to put some points in sensors, which will help the poptart out I believe. Going to be adding some 1K games in this baby within the week wish me luck!

[[New Skills]]

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast