FS9-S "Epy's Pocket Thunderbolt" (7x MPL, XL265)

Thread in 'FS9-S' started by Epydemic2020, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Epydemic2020

Epydemic2020 Well-Known Member

You have probably seen the 5 and 6 MPL builds, but why not 7? With your 30% cooling you really take advantage of the medium pulses. You don't need heatsinks because you can unleash your 42 damage alpha for less heat than firing 5 medium lasers on an unquirked mech. Get behind the enemies for the ultimate assassin mech. Most mediums die in one alpha, nothing survives 3 alphas.
    On a heat neutral map you overheat on the fifth alpha. Not that you will need that many. On just about any location you can pull off three alphas. This mech has it's trade offs, but it does the role of assassin better than anyone.

2. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

but then you ask, why not 8?

epikt likes this.
  3. Epydemic2020

Before they made this monster I ran a firestarter with 6 Mediums and 2 Medium pulse. It has a slightly higher alpha of 2 damage, and was purely an assassin mech. One shot and move on.

This quirked out version is now so much better. It can do the assassin job just as well, but is way more versatile.

4. Epydemic2020

[​IMG]

If you play the assassin role well you won't need high damage. Notice the enemy mechs with 0 damage. That's what happens when the first thing you see in game is a firestarter with 7 MPL behind you.
    [​IMG]

Sometimes assassination isn't an option. Luckily you have the heat efficiency and shere damage to take mechs from the front as well.
    [​IMG]

5. Remarius

Remarius Star Lord

I can't see how you're managing the heat as 5 MPL is too hot to brawl....

Do you just fire 7 and run off?

6. Epydemic2020

The MPL's are 4 heat base with a 30% heat reduction quirk. The reason the mech is too hot is because it can't cool fast enough, not because it generates too much heat to begin with. The damage to heat output on the medium pulses leads to one conclusion for me, cram on as many as possible and rely on the 10 true DHS for the best return for your initial investment.
    More simply put, 7 MPL are hardly any hotter than 5.

On heat neutral maps you can alpha 4 times and overheat on the fifth.
    Get your 4 shots in and run. Usually it won't take that many shots to kill something anyway.

There are many times in a brawl that you get one opportunity at a solid back alpha. Wouldn't it be nice if they died immediately from that?

7. Epydemic2020

Just did this 2 seconds ago:
    [​IMG]

Zeb, Cpt Chattahah and Falconium like this.
  8. ambushk

ambushk New Member

had to carry my whole team we had 0-5 before 3mns, I don't know what my team was doing but i had to put on my big boy boots
    i love this build

changed the build just slightly
    xl255 + 1jj

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  9. Epydemic2020

Nicely done. Those are the most fun games.

10. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Zero jump jets, zero stars (as if matters ;p). Mostly here to say stop putting your name in every title , we can see who posted it.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    epikt likes this.
  11. Epydemic2020

Thanks for the rating. I hope you see the me in this mech on the battlefield ;P

12. Epydemic2020

nerf incoming. Heat reduction on medium pulses is going from a total of 30% to a 20% reduction.
    5/17/2015

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast