Casual FNR-WR ''Tourette Syndrome (4xLRM20, 2xMPLas, ECM, LFE 300)

Thread in 'Wrath' started by Remover of Obstacles, Oct 29, 2018.

1. I wasn't going to post this, but it fills out the slots and tonnage pretty well while running LRM80.

Turrets syndrome (TS) is a neurological disorder characterized by sitting in one position and repetitively firing one weapon group at a target that is typically not in line of sight.

You are slow, position very carefully and use that ECM to help the team and hopefully attract support from your team.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    Gun Tuv and Excalibaard like this.
  2. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Other symptoms of TS include verbal spasms such as "HOLD LOCKS" or "NOOB TEAM", or uncontrolled multiple occasions of firing salvos that won't even hit the target due to the missiles hitting an obstacle along the way, the target hding behind buildings, or the target being out of range.

3. anamiac

anamiac Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way to make this build fantastic, but at least you can bring enough back up weapons to have something to do when someone gets close to you. You can also do this with LE 275, light ferro armor and 13 heatsinks.

4. I don't think the loss of speed and primary weaponry is worth the increase in secondary weaponry.

The MPLs fit the heat profile a bit better and are better suited for light leg shooting where range will likely not be a factor. For anything outside of 180 meters I would spend the heat on missiles unless you think you will loose the lock quickly.

5. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

The only change I could see is a head-mounted TAG, but the 9th ton of ammo seems pretty paramount for the build (still needs ammo skills), as I use 8 in my 2xLRM20A archer.

6. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Well-Known Member

This seems a reasonable addition to my I'm-really-not-proud-of-what-I've-done LURM deck.

7. [​IMG]

PGI may need to copy MechDB's warning.

Excalibaard and Gun Tuv like this.
  8. Gun Tuv

Gun Tuv Well-Known Member

It is unacceptable behaviour and I am filled with guilt.

Remover of Obstacles likes this.
  9. The self-loathing only increases with each 1K game.

Gun Tuv and Excalibaard like this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast