Casual FNR-6R "I'm Too Afraid to Tank" (2xLL 2xLBX10 2xML 2xRL15 STD300)
2/5,

1 rating

Thread in 'FNR-6R' started by Sierra, May 7, 2018.

1. Sierra

Sierra New Member

Hey you! Do you like the firepower of 100 ton mechs but hate getting shot in the face? Tired of trying to lead charges for teams that would rather soak in the LRM rain for ten minutes?

Here, have some nice medium range! Large lasers to open up armor at distance, LBX-10s to ruin everything beneath that armor. Medium lasers for extra damage if things get uncomfortably close and RL15s for those real panic moments.
    This mech plays entirely too passively for something so large (the Faf's hitboxes slightly justify it) and its damage output is nothing to write home about. But what it has going for it that AC/20s and heavy gauss rifles don't is consistent applicability. 450 meters of range means you're always dangerous even from the second line.

Optionally reducing the size of the TC gets you an extra ton more LBX-10 ammo (my personal preference). Reducing or stripping the TC can also get you some SRM launchers if you would like 2xSRM-2s in place of the RL15s.
    A farther departure of an alternative is to strip all of the backup weapons (RLs, MLs) and upgrade to LPLs at the cost of some range, but that then steps away from theme of "No Ma, the front line is scary!"

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  2. CarloArmato

CarloArmato Professional Potato Carrier

2/5,
    Very low and little DPS with a 100 ton mech, plus with such a high heat efficiency (47%) you are making little to no use of the -10% heat generation quirk. A 70 tonner (warhammer Black Widow) can fit 2 AC10 and 2 LL with a very similar role.

LBXs at ~450-500 meters are not optimal and will spread damage. If your team mates are not willing to poke, with only 2xLL (18 damage) and 2xML (which will deal ~1-2 damage at 450 meters each) you won't be able to strip the armor of an enemy mech fast enough to make them worth it. Below ~300ish meters, when the ML will finally kick in, most brawlers with SRM/LBX20/AC20 will outdamage you.

RLs are too niche to be fitted on an assault: long story short is that they are a one shot MRM which will spread damage and is of little use... Just to give an idea, look at how many solo solaris competitors (which is the best case scenario to use RLs) in the top 10 for every single division uses RLs: I'm almost sure the answer is none.

2 stars insteaf of 1 because build actually looks great with every slot used and it looks like you actually tried to make it work, but I would never give it a go: it simply can't stand a chance against most other "specific" builds.

top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast