FNR-5B "Time To Kill" (2xAC20, 3xSNPPC, ECM, LE310)

Thread in 'FNR-5B' started by Remover of Obstacles, Apr 18, 2021.

1. I sense a reduction in time to kill in the next patch (April 2021).
    Don't even have to wait for the dual heavy gauss to charge.

You can avoid ghost heat with an AC10 and two medium lasers.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  2. Shock

Shock Patron of the Underdog Staff Member

Be careful with this one. My understanding is that IS AC20s will still get ghost heat at 2.

Remover of Obstacles likes this.
  3. It is warm, but very workable. Not even krev levels of heat.

I did set up weapon groups for chain fire and left side/right side.

Up to the pilot's discretion if they want to alpha and eat the extra heat or risk having two shots and the second AC20 hitting some other component.

In case the ghost heat gets rolled back to limit to 2x SNPPCs.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  4. Thanks to TTB for showing that you can safely alpha for 80 pin point damage. Very safely.

5. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

Finally had a good match with this guy, but I'm convinced it's a trap :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The main problem with it is that so many people run long range, it just feels so easily isolated...and half the time when you finally get into brawling range, it feels like matches are already being decided. Can be fun when you finally manage to get some engagements without taking return fire, but otherwise, I just haven't had great results except for this one match XD

Remover of Obstacles likes this.
  6. Yah, most assaults (especially slow and short range) feel like a trap these days.

7. Durandal

Durandal Min-Max Maniac

I can still clean up in a lot of assaults, but something about the Fafnir just...I dunno, doesn't work for me for some reason. The King Crab was always the same way. Granted, I've always been a light mech player, but I don't have the problems in a DWF the way I do in a Fafnir