Firebrand Firesupport (2x PPC, 2x AC5, STD225)
5/5,

2 ratings

Thread in 'Firebrand' started by Shadin, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Shadin

Shadin New Member

ive had the best luck with this build. Only downside is not a lot of ammo.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
  2. Serious Table

Serious Table Well-Known Member

Designed to be simple, effective, and out of the way.

With the PPCs and AC/5s in the arms, you have a 30 point Alpha you can land out to 600-700 meters with impressive accuracy and slice off limbs or side torsos. An Xl280 gives you good speed to get to where you want to go, and peek over ridges for maximum damage and minimum exposure. 12 Double Heatsinks keep you really incredibly cool, and even at high heat levels, the AC/5s can continue to fire without fear of shutdown.

This is a build that will work on almost ALL of the Jagermechs, but the Firebrand makes the best use out of it by have them high for faster and more precise convergence so you can put the damage where you want it, whenever you want it.

WEAPON GROUPS:
    1- PPCs
    2- AC/5s
    3- PPC Chainfire (for when heat levels are high, but you need an extra punch).

Sample Gameplay:

[​IMG]

One more, for safe measure:

http://i.imgur.com/m5S9LzF.jpg[/img]

3. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

This is the build that lives on my FB these days (since the Gauss nerf, really). It's a great sniper, and 2 AC5 is no slouch in sustained/CQC DPS. I go with an XL255 to fit one more DHS and half a ton more armor.

4. The Verge

The Verge Moderator Staff Member

I Hope this is what tfun meant by his suggestion. This is what I would do.

5. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

No, when I said I'd add a DHS, I didn't mean I'd add a ton of ammo. You'd be hard pressed to go through 150 rounds if you play this mech as a sniper, I hardly ever go through 120 myself.

6. Excalibaard

Excalibaard 101 010 Staff Member

Fixing the ammo problem, for 2xAC5, 4 tons is a minimum.
    An XL is necessary, but that's what you get for such a monster loadout. the extra speed should get you into cover quicker at least.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  7. tfun90

tfun90 Advanced Member

Considering giving up a little ammo and cooling for a ton of speed and seeing how that plays:

8. Michael

Michael Grand Poobah

Merging with duplicate build

9. knightsljx

knightsljx Well-Known Member

Running similar build. I'll drop the engine to an XL255 once I get Speed Tweak

10. Motörhead

Motörhead Benefactor

5/5,
    Bringing up this great build revived by quirks.

Can now run with XL280 with manageable heat generation, very nice armor for the tonnage, and even decent DPS in a brawlish situation with the moduled AC5s.

I really like it ! But with XL engine.

And actually, given how the build plays, you can speed it up even more for group drops :

Enough pinpoint damage potential to ruin many mechs lives anyway.

Can go up to XL300, I don't really like the leg armor in this for my tastes, being an heavy, but it's not too bad either considering the Jager geometry.

This build does have advantages over the 2x PPC 1x AC10. It's better close range, and is better at range. At medium range is still comparable, even tho a bit inferior. Also in the 2X PPC 1x AC10 to build up the synergy you have to use AC10 range and PPC cooldown, in this you can use 2x cooldown modules, so the DPS is very nice.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  11. Butumali

Butumali New Member

5/5,
    This build works for me, I haven't unlocked all my basic skills yet but have done well in every match. I don't run AMS and run more heat sinks. I also need to rearrange my armor some and I think it'll be a winner!

12. Aylek

Aylek Administrator Staff Member

I switched to dual PPC + dual AC5 as well after the Dec. 1, 2015 quirk changes. This is my current build (armor might be a bit off):

Butumali likes this.
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast
top-fast